1/32 Sea Fury

Hi Chris... no matter where I am with models on the net you seem to be there.... Are you following me!! :hmmm:

Beautiful work as usual,, very high standard but why the heck are you using a Fisher's Fury to detail out a Hobbycraft one!?! :huh:

Can't wait for the next episode...

Jeff

:)

Thanks a lot guys!! Glad you like it.

Why i build the Hobbycraft instead of the Fisher kit?

Well, when i got the Fisher kit, i noticed many parts which were not to use. To say the wing fold parts and the main wheel well. I then thought, you have to build two Furys, one with wings down and one with wings up. So i ordered the Hobbycraft kit and started as soon as i got it.

Unfortunately the Fisher kit parts did not fit the Hobbycraft kit. That´s why i did it all from scratch. I ordered some parts from Fisher, to make the Hobbycraft Fury better and more realistic. It all started with "I only want to have a look..." And now it´s not far till the first coats of paint will be applyed! ;)

But then again, there is much left by now: The wheel doors (100% scratch), not too difficult. The outer wing parts will be much more work, wing fold detail, landing light and the ailerons have to be glued in deflected position for "wings up". I have to cut them out, fill the wing with plastic and create the attachment points of the ailerons. Not to forget the Landing lights... phew... I think one more month and the Fury is done, at least i hope so. :)

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Mike,

not offended! :) After the paintwork, the ejector marks are not longer that visible as unpainted. The area between the ribs were very rough too, but all became smooth after the painting. An with the little mirror on the base, you won´t see them.

The cockpit is really crap. That´s why i left it off and i´m going to cover the canopy by a canvas.

Cheers,

Chris

I get it now Chris, I misunderstood. I thought you had took a Multi $100 resin kit to detail a $25 kit!!! I didn't not get you had ordered separate resin parts from Fisher for this.

None-the-less it is beautiful work.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

it has been a long time till my last update, so here we go with another one.

The model is in primer now, the white part of the ID stripes has been painted and already masked to spray the black parts next.

036-1.jpg

039-2.jpg

040-1.jpg

041-1.jpg

I also drilled out two holes on each side, to attach some position lights. The last step before i set the bird in primer was to remove the old canopy rail and replace it by a U-shaped part.

042-1.jpg

As i left of the cockpit, i had to do a canvas to cover up the canopy.

038-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

I will paint the black stripes next, cover them and start the paintjob. This is a very simple one, but it should be much fun to do it :)

Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Chris

Looking real good, as Mish said, like the cockpit cover.

Never thought of useing maskfluidy stuff over tape like that, obvious really, just me being a bit slow on the uptake!!

Hi OzH,

thanks for the kind words. I just applyed some masking fluid over the tape, as the tape throws some bubbles on the edges. I couldn´t use a 10mm stripe of tape, as the fuselage´s shape don´t allow it. I cut the tape in small stripes to get them on parallel. The i covered the inside areas of the small stripes and that´s where the bubbles came up. Hope you know what i mean with my poor english... :)

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
...and i won´t tell you how much i tryed to get it equal on both sides... :lol:

Thanks mate!

Ah, you see - your mistake was telling me how hard it was. You should have just sucked up the compliment & made it look easy ;)