This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

And finally... 100 Years #5 - BAE Harrier GR7

Hi All

So now we come to the one we've all been waiting for, the LAST course in this feast of mediocrity and inaccuracy :yahoo:

First impressions are good, with sturdy sprues, several optional parts, and a two part canopy that could be set open through choice and not despair.

But before I begin, I'd just like some confirmation that this IS a GR7?

The nose section called for is the second one, but which of these are needed, 69 and 70 or (74+75) and (76+77)?

I'm off to wander through the Walkaround pages

Comments and suggestions welcome

Usually the strakes parts # 69 & 70 were carried in non combat area's. The other parts make up the gun packs. Im just finishing a USMC Harrier and thats what my research shows. I would think it would be similar with RAF/RN Harriers.  

Hi All

The good news is, as it looks like it's bag of A04039, we get a cockpit!

The alternative good news is that it's not particularly representative of the aircraft in question <_<

Is that a Martin Baker Mk12?

Anyhoo, as I'd like to have it with the canopy open, and as it's the last hurrah, I'd like to do a bit more than just bang it together, perhaps indulge in some detailing.

Out with the saw (I love that saw now :wub:)

And it's starting to look better already

I think I might have the start of a Cunning Plan! ('though we all know how the last one with the Lynx panned out :violin:)

I figure I can get the fuselage together without any internal fittings, then insert them all after

It's not got the best location guides for the cockpit, and the gaps between the cockpit tub and the side walls will be covered by the side control panels (or whatever they're called?)

Any thoughts on this foolhardy venture?

I'm away for a couple of days to dwell on the potential repercussions...

Comments and suggestions welcome