resizing plans

Darth Vader

Multiply by 3. As in, 3x24=72.

If using a photocopier, that's either set it to 300%, or set it to enlarge by 200% (rare these days, but still an occasional option). Don't forget that the lines will triple in size as well, so you might lose some finesse.

You need to find a friendly printer who will scan/copy the design and print it out to whatever larger scale you wish. You may need to stress that "no distortion" is a prime requirement in both dimensions. Most localities will have just such a jobbing printer - x3 is a bit beyond the average office copier which is likely to distort the proportions.

The kit I work with will allow you to zoom +400 down to 25%.

Use a rule to check paper shrinkage or possible distortion and any good machine will allow you to adjust XY separately.

Rick.

BTW, are they in electronic format or on paper?

thanks for the replys , just what i needed

sorry for posting twice . . stupid kindles fault not having keys.

not mine for being lazy and not getting the laptop out.

The easiest way to get an accurate enlargement will be with a check dimension. Most modern photocopiers will have the ability to convert 'x' dimension to 'y' dimension, as you may find the 1/72 plan might be slightly out and enlarging it 3 times it's size will just increase the deviation whereas using dimensions should help to eliminate it and with most machines being able to handle fractions of a percentage you should be able to get it spot on. Through be prepared for some trial and error before getting it smack on.

If you go to a copy shop explain what you're trying to do and be led by the person using the machine, they use it all the time and will know what their machine can handle. Trust me there is nothing more annoying than a customer that thinks they know better! ;)