Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

activexp

Gold Member
  • Content count

    856
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

744 Excellent

About activexp

  • Rank
    Obsessed Member
  • Birthday 01/05/1948

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Chesterfield, United Kingdom
  • Interests
    DIY Audio, Model-making, Music, Reading, Travel

Recent Profile Visitors

712 profile views
  1. Hi Darin, I'm not aware of any PE for super detailing the engine but if you look at the official Facebook BTTF group there's a lot of modding going on, such as improving the look of the flux capacitor and other parts where the kit detail is inaccurate or lacking. Hope this helps, Steve
  2. And there's more wiring to come. I'll be glad when it's all out of the way and working!
  3. February 2018 Update: issues 56 - 59. Issue 56, The PCB and more wiring. Issue 57, Upper Bulkhead, light board and other details. Issue 58, The Flux Capacitor, some pipes and LED's Rather basic, it has to be said, and the visible screws are totally wrong. Issue 59, The fan and detail parts for the upper bulkhead. The completed upper bulkhead. and from the rear with LED's. The next step involved plugging in all the various connectors for the cab to the PCB, a very fiddly task. I was relieved to find that everything worked! This completes the February release. Only another 71 issues to go
  4. Hi Sam, the De Lorean bodywork is actually polished stainless steel and the kit parts reproduce this quite accurately as far as I can tell from the front wing.
  5. Next release for the Flux Capacitor, issue 58. Can't wait
  6. January 2018 update. The build continues with issues 52 - 55. Issue 52: Left sill, handbrake and more wiring. Issue 53: Right sill, piping and more wiring. Issue 54: Rear bulkhead, a cylinder and pipes. Issue 55: Speakers, switch plate and bulkhead hatch. This completes the January release.
  7. December Update: Issues 48 - 51. Wiring Frenzy! Issue 48: Wiring for the dashboard. This has to be the most fiddly and time consuming part of the build so far. Not happy with the supplied black cable ties, smaller ones would have been neater and more in scale. I replaced them with some white ones which I think are a little less obtrusive. Issue 49: More wiring. Issues 50 & 51 are the same: Seats. The seats are better than they look, soft vinyl outers with foam rubber padding. This completes the December build. I was hoping this would be the last of the wiring, but no, issue 52 has yet more of it
  8. November update: Issues 44 - 47 Issue 44: Dashboard parts. Issue 45: More dashboard parts. Issue 46: More dashboard parts. Issue 47: Dashboard base and steering wheel parts. This completes the November release.
  9. AMT XB70 Valkyrie 1/72

    I used spray cans, Hycote white primer and Kobra HP001 white. The result is acceptable if high gloss is not required, it's more like satin.
  10. AMT XB70 Valkyrie 1/72

    The missus would have a fit if I did the Concorde too. She's already been whinging about where I'm going to put that 'big white thing', her name for the XB70
  11. AMT XB70 Valkyrie 1/72

    I made both sets of hinges and left them unglued to the tips and wings so that I can easily swap between up and down. They are quite a tight fit.
  12. AMT XB70 Valkyrie 1/72

    Apparently the tyres were aluminium coated to resist high temperatures.
  13. AMT XB70 Valkyrie 1/72

    One thing they don't mention in the instructions is that if you have the wing tips drooped it sits on the tips, not the undercarriage
  14. This must be the first aircraft kit I've attempted for at least 20 years preferring to do vehicles. Anyway, I've always been fascinated by the XB70 so when I saw this AMT kit at an attractive price on Ebay I got tempted not realising just how huge this thing is. The kit itself was in very good condition, no damaged or warped parts. Only the decals had suffered ageing and yellowed a little. Construction was a challenge with such large parts, many not fitting too well leaving gaps and ridges. And I thought the Airfix 1/72 Vulcan was big.
  15. Big As MAZ

    I say old bean, that's truly spiffing
×