Airfix Spitfire Mk.1

Hi folks,

just a few pics of my latest build, I built this for the "Airfix" theme table at last Sunday's Bolton Show. I was unsure where to post this, but eventually decided that as it's a spit in civil markings I'd post it here - so if I am iin the wrong part of the forum just give me a kick and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

As the theme was Airfix I was left scratching my head as to what to build, then whilst driving back from Doncaster What-if SIG AGM last June the idea just leapt in my head...

a) Airfix is a quintessentially British brand name

B) The Spitfire is THE quintessentially British fighter plane

c) Why not combine the two?

So I give you the Airfix Spit!

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

The model is of course the Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Mk.1, the finish is Halfords Nissan Silver and the decals are custom made using Microscale Decal Film and an inkjet printer.

Hope you enjoy the pics, and thanks for looking.

cheers

Duncan

• 4 weeks later...

Totaly believable build, in fact if Airfix actually sponsored a Spit and carried off this scheme on the show circuit just think of how much there sales would increase.

Trouble is all those 'purists' would have a fit!!!.

John.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Totaly believable build, in fact if Airfix actually sponsored a Spit and carried off this scheme on the show circuit just think of how much there sales would increase.

Trouble is all those 'purists' would have a fit!!!.

John.

Sod the purists, why not run it by 'em! :clif:

Sod the Purists? Well, it's been done before....

1115759.jpg

Isn't she just beautiful? Personally I'd rather see a sponsored classic aircraft fly than an authentically painted one in the static park.