update on 7 year olds spitfire!

DSCF2364.jpg

Update for all the encouraging words you guys have posted on this site for tommy.

TOM WON 2ND PLACE JUNIOR (small scale aircraft) AT THE SYDNEY SCALE MODEL SHOW YESTERDAY !!!!!!!!! for his academy 1/72 spitfire!

Congrats to my little keen modeling mate TOM!

Edited by inernutshell

There was a nice varity of good quality junior models on display as well and a great day overall. Tom's model looked great in the flesh

Did you enter anything yourself?

Yes it was a great day out for the family. Went with the wife and kids, my Brother and a mate. We also took 3 other boys who are toms mates that come over to model together.

I entered two 1/35th tanks - five 1/16 figures and one 1/35 panther tank diorama.

The dio got 3rd place and I got a highly commended for one of my figures.

My bro got two highly commended 1 for viginette another for figures, he also got 3rd for figures.

Our first model comp, so we are VERY happy with the placings - there was just SO much great stuff to admire!

Did you enter anything mate? - cheers johno

Fantastic confirmation for the little guy and a fantastic looking Spit too! Here's to the next one and the one after that and the one after.......

Edited by MakingModelsAgain

That really is nicely done, and not just because he's so young, superb effort and probably should have won !!

Si.

Edited by Dr.Jellyfingers

Superb looking Spitfire! And a very well deserved second place.

Excellent work, Tom. :thumbsup: What will you be buildng next?

hi enzo, tom has a f4u corsair nearly ready for painting, a me 109 he won at the show and a mk9 spitty courtesy of his pocket money, and im sure he will insist on posting them here, cheers for your comments, it realy encourages the the lad, .......john

Edited by inernutshell

The Spitfire looks like it is flying at low level over the desert. I have read about Clive Caldwell who used to fly like that over the desert using his own shadow for target practice. Maybe a P-40 Kittyhawk is in Tom's future.

Yes it was a great day out for the family. Went with the wife and kids, my Brother and a mate. We also took 3 other boys who are toms mates that come over to model together.

I entered two 1/35th tanks - five 1/16 figures and one 1/35 panther tank diorama.

The dio got 3rd place and I got a highly commended for one of my figures.

My bro got two highly commended 1 for viginette another for figures, he also got 3rd for figures.

Our first model comp, so we are VERY happy with the placings - there was just SO much great stuff to admire!

Did you enter anything mate? - cheers johno

Well done to you Johno.

I might have been sitting near you and your family during the presentations!

I entered my P-3 Firebomber (which got 3rd in the civil aircraft category), the RAAF 707 tanker, a USAF UH-1N and a DC-3 in small scale aircraft which did not rate. The standard was great.

:cheers: