Focke Wulf Fw 189 A2

Mike

Focke Wulf Fw 189 A2

1:48 Great Wall Hobby

poster1.jpg

A new announcement from our friends at Airbrushes.com regarding Great Wall Hobby (GWH) and their first forray into aircraft kits. It was quite a pleasant surprise to see this release, as I've built a few of GWH's armour kits lately, and they're rather good. We're not yet 100% sure of the release date, but the suggested retail price has been announced at £34.99, which seems pretty keenly priced when you consider you get a Photo-Etch fret of fine parts and a set of masks to simplify the task of painting that big greenhouse of a canopy.

poster2.jpg

Parts breakdown looks to be straight forward, with sensible sub-assemblies of the complex twin boom and fuselage bullet, and it looks like we'll get plenty of interior ribbing if the schematics are anything to go by. Separate flying surfaces, a detailed cockpit, and the basics of at least one engine are provided for those of us who like to leave cowlings open, and a crew boarding ladder will certainly please the diorama builders.

poster3.jpg

I'll post up a review as soon as the kit lands on my desk, and I suspect that a build review won't be far behind. Having built the old Airfix kit as a boy, it's one of those aircraft I want to model again :)

The kit will be available from logo.jpg once it lands on these shores.

• 3 weeks later...

Cybermodeler has a look in the box here. http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/gwh..._gwh_4803.shtml

Same as Mike I want one coz I built the old Airfix kit when I was little. Still no price on Hannants site but the US price is pretty good at $41.95 (£26.63), we'll probably get stiffed again in the UK though!

Paul Harrison

Just re-read Mikes post and saw the suggested price is £34.95 so we are getting stiffed again, by about eight quid!

Edited by GreenDragon

• 5 weeks later...