Whirlydecals / Whirlybirds LIGHTNING Twin Seat 1/32 ?

G-Marcat (Italy)

Hello,

this morning is arrived to me the last issue of "Scale Aviation Modeller" with inside a report from Telford 2009.

There is the photo of a resin conversion in scale 1/32 from Whirlydecals / Whirlybirds to convert the LIGHTNING Trumpeter into a twin seat version.

Is there any info on this conversion?

Done some researches with Google but found nothing, so I'm here to ask help.

I couldn't find anything about it either. A UK friend of mine called Whirly a few weeks before Telford. He was told that the conversion is in development, and would be released the first quarter of 2010. They wouldn't get specific about the price or exactly what would be included (which makes sense if it's still being developed).

I'm just hoping it won't be so expensive I can't afford one!

Peter

• 11 months later...

There was a stand at Telford 2010 with some test shots of the twin seat Lighning conversion. It looked really good, but I was unable ot ask anyone at the stand about it.

I saw the test shots were at Telford, but both Roger and Martin have been quite ill this year.

As to the status I don't know as they have no website. Sometimes Roger comes to my local IPMS group so I'll as him what the position is next time I see him.

I saw the test shots were at Telford, but both Roger and Martin have been quite ill this year.

As to the status I don't know as they have no website. Sometimes Roger comes to my local IPMS group so I'll as him what the position is next time I see him.

The set was 'on sale' at SMW2010, but they only had about a dozen ready, and it was missing the interior detail of the canopy (I think) whixh would follow after the show. The one on display did look nice, and Martin was going to send me one when its ready, which reminds me I better get in touch and send him some money! I think the price was around £50, that includes an Xtradecal sheet, plus their own small (also screenprint) one.

Colin

HI

THE T5 CONVERSION WILL BE READY EARLY NEXT YEAR

AS COLIN SAID WE HAD 10 SETS READY FOR THE NATIONALS

BUT I STILL HAVE TO FINISH THE CANOPY INTERIOR PARTS

THE KIT COMPRISES OF

RESIN

LEFT AND RIGHT FUSELARGE HALFS

SPINE SECTION

REAR WALL

COCKPIT FLOOR

LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE CONSOLES