Revell/Hasegawa BAe Harrier GR.7A

Hi all,

Please see below some pictures of my recently completed 1/72 Revell Harrier GR.7A. The kit generally went together well, I used an Eduard photo-etch set for cockpit details, exhaust nozzles and antennae, etc. I also used a resin seat, BOL rails and Digital Joint Reconnaissance Pod (DJRP) from Air Graphic Models; a metal TIALD pod from the Flightpath Jaguar set and the laser-guided bombs were spares from my Revell Tornado GR1 (next build!). The other diorama accessories are also from Flightpath. The pilot is from the Italeri NATO pilots and Ground Crew set. I added some rivet detail to the airframe with a riveting wheel and scratchbuilt a few of the RAF-specific 'lumps and bumps' on the wing tips and rear fuselage - see build thread here for deets! Paints are AK Real Colours and for weathering I used Promodeller dark wash, Mig washes, oil paints and Tensochrom 'smoke' for the exhaust stains. The aircraft depicted is ZD404 'Lucy', depicted as she served at Kandahar air base, Afghanistan in 2007 as part of Operation Herrick (kit decals).

Cheers,

James

20240328_115745

20240328_115723

20240328_115703

20240328_115628

20240328_115812

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Farmerboy said:

Cool build, nice extra detail and the pilot figure is excellent, good job!

Thanks, he's a bit over-scale for 1/72 but has nicely cast details!