Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

_alfisti_

Members
  • Content Count

    79
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

308 Excellent

About _alfisti_

  • Rank
    New Member
  • Birthday September 6

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://www.modellmanufaktur-ll.at/

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    near Linz, Austria
  • Interests
    modelling, plane spotting

Recent Profile Visitors

132 profile views
  1. Stunning project and absolutely clean work so far.
  2. Hi guys, I´m here for the last update on my TP52. Unlike the black primer, the first layer of silver did not look that good. A lot of imperfections became visible. After some putty, a bit of grinding and an other layer of silver it looked much better. The pitot probe was meade from three different injection neddles. Decals and detail painting is done. Like the wheel bays the undercarriage of the TP52 also was painted black. I used wheels from RESKIT instead of the kit parts, the picture shows why. All together was weathereda and brake lines were added. Here she is, only some work at the base is needed an I can call the project done Daniel
  3. Hi André I´m doeing it this way since a solvent-based-adhesive destroyed me the nose of a jet. Daniel
  4. Hi guys. Over the last few weeks only small steps were made in progress at my Canberra. The engine inlets and exhausts were painted with different shades of Alclad. On the inlets there were also two pieces of injection needles added to represent the exhausts of the engine starters. Behind the canopy I tried to reproduce the huge antenna which replaces the two little windows. After looking on some more pictures of the swedish Canberras, I decided to built my model with the two external tanks. For a better fit i gave them two Evergreen rods each and some details on the fueltanks. The rear fuselage gets some etched parts from the kit and some scratched antennas too. Finally the whole TP 52 got a layer of Tamiya xf-18. Daniel
  5. Thanks, but the kit isn´t that worse. There is some extra work to do, but no big problems. I continued with the wing assembly. There were some gops between wing and fuselage which I filled with sheet stripes to give it some stability befor adding the putty. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures. Next step was to balance the Canberra, I put it on two toothpicks and filled the nose with iron balls from a ballbearing until it stayed down. I fixed the weight with some wood glue. That´s how the Canberra looks at the moment. Cheers Daniel
  6. Made some progress on the Canberra this weekend. After glueing together the wing halves, I spent some time with the engines to improve the very rude formed kit parts. I also gave some attention to the position lights which were casted as part of the wings. As last picture my improvement of the wing fuselage connection. I drilled two 2mm holes throug the Fuselage and glued a evergreen rod in. There are als two holes in every wheel bay, so I hope to get some more stability in here. Daniel
  7. Wow, just outstanding work, I love this Flanker. Regards Daniel
  8. Hi guys. Thanks for all your support, that´s just great. The red primer on the fin sounds plausible, but why is the canopy frame also red? In doubt i will paint this area in MSG, thats correct anyway. @Antti_Knice cockpit, the scratch work looks amazing. Daniel
  9. Hi Martin, thanks for your assessment, it´s interesting, most dayglo surfaces that I saw yet were weathered into a bright orange to yellow. It´s good to get a confirmation for the painting instruction from AMP. Today I managed to get the fuselage and the canopy sanded, only a little bit of putty and Mr.Surfacer were needed. Next doubtful parts are the wheel wells, the instruction says flat black for TP52 and aluminium for the RAF variant. Daniel
  10. Hi Martin. Nice picture. What´s your opinion about the red color around the canopy and at the fin? Daniel
  11. Hi Antti. I also don´t think there was some dayglo on the airframe anylonger, seems to be more red. If you look twice, there is also some red color around the cockpit, so it seems there were a red/orange markings on this airframe. Here is a better pic: https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/registration/52002 But it´s hard to say, because the Canberras are in really bad condition. Cheers Daniel
  12. Hi Antti. Thanks for all the info, good to get some background info about the TP52. There is one pic on the net showing 02 with a rest of red or orange markings: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:EE_Canberra_(Tp-52)_52002_02_(7686781912).jpg Cheers Daniel
  13. Hi guys. I want to sho you some pics of my recent project, the EE Canberra T.Mk.11 from AMP. The kit is based on the S&M Models Canberra, AMP added some etched parts and two different noses for this version. I will build one of the two possible swedish aircrafts. Like most aircraft builds it starts with the cockpit. It´s niceley detailed and the seat from the box are okay too. The clear part fitts not very well, I think it´s my fault, dry fitting was not so bad. First nose test, I think i will build 8-02 with the round one and the dayglow markings at its fin. Cheers Daniel
×
×
  • Create New...