Bf109K-4 End of war - Eduard1/48

This is the excellent Eduard Bf109K-4 virtually OOB with the addition of Brassin 3D print cockpit, exhausts, guns & Quickboost 109G spinner (more accurate than kit supplied). All the minor 'errors' were corrected hand/foot hold, under fuselage shell ejector, louvres and holes for rear fuselage support. My only criticism is the cockpit floor in the Brassin 3D print, it actually curves upward towards the front bulkhead and requires a bit of surgery to get it to fit properly! This isn't an isolated problem as the other Brassin cockpit I have has the same curved floor!!

The problematic Eduard decals went on without any problems including the removal of the carrier film.

I found a profile in the MMP Bf109 Late Versions, which took my eye, of a machine found after the wars end. I also had an old KommanDeur decal sheet with the same machine. The two references disagreed with each other so I decide to go with the MMP details, only using the Wk. Nr. from the KommanDeur sheet.

This Bf109K-4 was found at Monachium-Riem May 1945. This machine appears to have part of the rear fuselage replaced with sections from a Bf109G-14/AS Wk. Nr. 785800. The 109K-4's Wk. No. is unknown, the replaced sections were in a greenish/yellow primer with some traces of red putty. The rest of the airframe was finished in RLM81/82, yellowish variation of 76. Cowling RLM76 with 74 upper surface and 82 mottle. Under surfaces left natural metal. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sorry didn't focus it very well!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers  Andy

• Like 38
  • Thanks 2

Very nicely done.  I find these late-war composite aircraft schemes to be very interesting and attractive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree with CH53...so much eye appeal there. I feel there were probably more of these cobbled together machines than we're aware of but that could just be my imagination talking.  Anyway...very well done!!!

Cheers..Rich 

• Thanks 1

That is a very different scheme from the typical 109.  It really stands out and catches the eye.  Great looking finished kit.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1