P-47D Bubbletop from Tamiya in 1/48 ETO LMoC Miss Fire

Hallo

This kit is from Tamiya and represents a P-47D in 1/48 from the mid operational days.

The kit and his features are all described in my WIP here.

This kit was a joy to build.

This particular aircraft was piloted from Fred Christensen from the 62th FS in the 56th FG.

The serial was 42-26628. Have a look and enjoy:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Happy modelling

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Superb Jug. Really looks fantastic ( I did this same a/c in 1:32nd scale from Trumpeter ) . Thanks for showing this.

Fred Christensen is also famous for taking his black cat on many missions with him ! 'Sinbad' ( who paradoxically was actually a female cat!) became the squadron's lucky mascot, first at RAF Boxted and later at RAF Hoult. She returned to the States with him post war but sadly  was killed by a car 😪. It's a great well documented story. He never married the young lady on the cowling Miss Rozzie Geth.   Regards, Andy

Sinbad in spitfire cockpit

Sinbad on p47 wing

• Like 2

There is a fourth one, oh my.  You are a prolific little cuss aren't you?  This is another metal finish done just so well.  All of the Jugs I have seen from you have been finished and weathered just perfectly.  Thanks for sharing them all.

• Like 1

Hallo

Thanks for the reception.

As I was asked how I achieved this surface: Well, not so difficult, but it took me about 25 years modelling to achieve it.

The thing is actually, you must have nerves.

And the strong will to achieve a surface like a mirror.

I worked with Gunze colors of the C and GX branch. Metal colors +201 and +204 with SM branch.

The dilution must be that way, that the paint must no longer drip, it must have started to run.

I check this with a metal measuring spoon. Always the same for all colors.

During spraying you mast hold a certain near distance, that the paint forms a wet spot on the sprayed surface, which then moves with your spray gun.

If you go too close, tears will appear; if you go too far, this wet spot will disappear completely.

Keeping your distance correctly in all areas of the model requires experience.

It all requires experience, which will grow if you have patience and nerves!

Happy modelling