Mi-8MT 1/48 zvezda

I read up on, and watched a load of films about Chernobyl, and became very interested in the Mi 8 helicopters, certainly something on my list of future models to do at some point, I'd also like to do an Mi 26, though I've only seen those in 1/72 scale, imagine what a monster model that'd be in 1/32 or something !

Anyway I'll be intrigued to see your build ongoing 👍

Edited by Pig of the Week

A story about the beginning of construction. To begin with, I collected and primed in gray soil what is for the cabin (1-4 photos). Then I painted it light gray from Vallejo air and glued part of the Quinta (because it didn't work out with the soundboard from the box and the microdesign device) (5-10 photos).

4.jpg  5.jpg  6.jpg  7.jpg

8.jpg  9.jpg  1.jpg  2.jpg  3.jpg  10.jpg

• Like 5

On 1/22/2024 at 1:37 PM, Pig of the Week said:

imagine what a monster model that'd be in 1/32

Trumpeter make one in 1/32nd. I believe they're getting fairly rare now, but you see them on E-Bay from time to time. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I glued all the Quinta decals and microdesign to the partition on both sides, put the seat inside the cabin and made straps from the microdesign cover (1-3 photos). Then I applied a liquid mask from Abteilung 502 (502 battalion) (it froze a little, I added kav models L009 to it and it became as before) (4 photos).

1.jpg  2.jpg  3.jpg  4.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The story of the continuation of the construction of the Mi-8MT.
I assembled the entire dashboard on the cabin ceiling (1-2 photos). After the liquid mask on the glazing dried, I primed it with a black Valejjo primer and painted it in a gray-green light from Jim scale (from the Russian Helicopters part 2 set) (3-4 photos). on the left and right side of the device, I removed the plastic and made a microdesign rim from the baiting and primed and applied the Quinta studio decal to the remaining device (5-6 photos). I assembled the pilots' seats and other things on the base of the cockpit (7 photos). Primed and painted the floor and 2 walls and ceiling of the helicopter (8-10 photos).

1.jpg  2.jpg  3.jpg  4.jpg  5.jpg  6.jpg  7.jpg  8.jpg  9.jpg   10.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I applied decals to the interior walls and floor of the cabin (1-3 photos). Then I primed and covered the seats and the part for the cabin (4-7 photos). Then I collected the entire interior and masked the side portholes, and also assembled the engine, but we will not paint because it will be closed (8-10 photos).

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Приклеил правую часть кузова к потолку и днищу, собрал кабину до конца (1-4 фото). Затем приклеил левую сторону кабины и закрыл стенки ротора (5-6 фото). Корпус готов, винт заменен на перегородку (7-8 фото).

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Edited by Дмитрий
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I glued the hatch above the cockpit and assembled the tail (on which I glued some small things with a trawl) (1-4 photos). I collected the fuel tanks (5-7 photos). I pasted SX-art masks on the windows, and a little bit of harassment (8 photos).

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

I assembled it, then primed it with gray ammo primer and painted the rear doors with light gray paint (1-2 photos). Then I masked the common window with masks, primed it from the outside, and glued etched straps inside (3-5 photos). Then I assembled the details for armor protection and masked the side windows (6-7 photos).  windows with armored protection were primed, painted and assembled together and the lower protection was also primed, painted (ammo gray primer and jim scale Gray-green light paint) (8-9 photos).

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg