Pbv 301, finished

Orso

pbv301_01.JPG

I wasn't going to do this GB but when I was in the hobby store to get some paint, I couldn't resist buying this. Our tanks was rebuilt into APC's when they had served out.

pbv301_02.JPG

Inside the box there was two bags

pbv301_03.JPG

that contained this.

Edited by Orso
  • Like 5

pbv301_04.JPG

I have removed everything from the pour blocks and are ready to glue it together but looking at the picture makes me wonder if using wheels and tracks from an Attack kit would be better. I will bring out a wreck and examine.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Orso said:

makes me wonder if using wheels and tracks from an Attack kit would be better. I will bring out a wreck and examine.

Well you could always use the  remains for an entry in the Entropy GB :) 

Edited by Marklo

• 2 weeks later...

pbv301_05.JPG

I found a started chassis from an UM kit but no wheels and tracks. I had no idea from which kit they came. I had already finished the two Strv m/41 and the Sav m/43 had the chassis already done so there should not have been any more UM parts. Some digging reviled a Pz 38 that I once started to convert to a Swedish tank but it was scrapped when I realised that the UM Strv m/41 SII had all the parts needed for a SI version as well. I managed to find rest of the parts and started to build them to use on this  Pbv 301. The resin parts in the kit isn't to bad so if I hadn't found these UM parts in the scrap box I would have used them.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

pbv301_06.JPG

Almost all parts mounted, here with the track assembly from the kit.

pbv301_07.JPG

I could have used those but as I have the unused UM parts I have decide to use them instead. 

pbv301_08.JPG

Next is the gun. I need to do some work here as the mount is to simplified to my liking.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Orso changed the title to Pbv 301, finished