The hills are alive with the sound of music….***out of time***

Jb65rams

The music in this case is provided by a Packard Merlin engine in a P-51.

I will be using ICM’s 1/48 P-51D to build a Mustang flown by the Swiss Airforce. 

Swiss P-51D

Whilst researching the subject I came across this website which I will be using for my references.

https://swissmustangs.ch

Markings came from a aftermarket sheet from LF Models

Swiss P-51D

• Like 6

Hope I don’t regret this I have decided to go with the superhero option, which will see me finish Sunday lunchtime, in time to watch the F1.

The clock has struck 11:44 and I am go, go, go. Countdown timer started.

Swiss P-51D Mustang

To save some time, most of the painting will be via rattle can. Haven’t decided on marking option yet, will depend on progress and whether I have time to mask and spray the fuselage bands.

45 mins in and some paint has been splashed around.

Swiss P-51D Mustang

• Like 5

Cockpit painted and details bought out with some dry brushing. No decal supplied for the IP.

Etched seatbelts from the spares box.

Swiss P-51D Mustang

Swiss P-51D Mustang

Takes a bit of work to get things fitting correctly as there are very few location pins.

• Like 7

18 hours to go and main construction is complete. Ready for some primer.

Swiss P-51D Mustang

One thing I had forgotten to factor in to this, I am on call for work. Have had to field a number of calls already, doesn’t look like tomorrow will be any quieter either.

• Like 7

Thanks for the comments about the cockpit. I am happy with the way it turned out. 

This is the state of play this morning, paint has dried overnight, ready for the final push. With under 4 hours left it will be tight.

Swiss P-51D Mustang

• Like 5

• Jb65rams changed the title to The hills are alive with the sound of music….***out of time***

Time does creep up on you in blitzbuild weekends - I've had quite a few timeouts myself. It looks super even now and I'm sure it will look great when finished (which will probably seem to take no time at all now that the clock's off!).

Regards,

Adrian