Airfix 1/48 Spitfire FRXIVe

Gday All

This is the first of three Spit 14s Im building.

No one is more surprised than me as its not the greatest kit, especially given its only a recent release. Moulding and engineering are average.

That aside, its a great looking machine

To me nothing ruins the illusion of an in flight piston engined model more than a stationary prop, so i decided on this compromise of simply cutting off the prop blades and filling the resultant holes

Model is finished with tamiya LP11 and all national markings and underwing serials are painted on

My blog contained in my signature block contains more details and photos  of the build if you are interested.

thanks for looking and any comments welcomed.

silver spitfire reveal

silver spitfire reveal-4 silver spitfire reveal-5 silver spitfire reveal-6 silver spitfire reveal-8

Bruce

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

To me nothing ruins the illusion of an in flight piston engined model more than a stationary prop, so i decided on this compromise of simply cutting off the prop blades and filling the resultant holes

I've been tempted to try this, so I appreciate seeing you pull it off. Looks great and I love the photo on the stand touch!

20 minutes ago, ModelingEdmontonian said:

I've been tempted to try this, so I appreciate seeing you pull it off. Looks great and I love the photo on the stand touch!

Thanks Edmonton. I was quite happy with the look of it too. 

Regards

Bruce

• Like 1