Aoshima Models 1/700 IJN Nagato (#04510) and 1/700 Mutsu (#05980)

Steve147

Can someone let me know which paints are recommended for the above models?  I'm not after the exact colors, just those that are on the instructions. Scalemates are not listing the pdf download, which is usually my first port (no pun intended) of call, nor are the instructions available on Aoshima's website.

I've not built this manufacturer's models before, so any other useful info would be appreciated as well. 

Thanks in advance.

Gidday @Steve147, I've got the Aoshima Nagato kit too, not built yet. My instructions have a diagram of the ship plus (I'm assuming) instructions of what colour to paint various parts. I'll get back to you, just as soon as I learn to read Japanese. 😧 Nothing is in English, or Orstraylian, except the name of the kit.       Sorry, I'm not much help but I'll be taking notice of anyone who is.

Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 1

John Snyder's "Imperial Japanese Navy Greys, a ship by ship compilation" has Nagato in Kure Grey till 11/1944, Yokosuka Grey from 11/44 until camouflaged in 6/45.

Mutsu was in Kure Grey in 2/1942, and in Yokosuka Grey in early 1943.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

@Richard502 @ArnoldAmbrose @Wez 

**Update**

I have just purchased the Mutsu kit along with the Yamashiro 1944.

These are the suggested paints in the instructions (Aqueous Gunze Mr Hobby/Mr Color:

Mutsu:

H9/C9 - Gold

H11/C62 - Flat White

H12/C12 - Flat Black

H17/C29 - Cocoa Brown

H27/C44 - Tan

H37/C43 - Wood Brown

H59/C124 - IJN Green

H61/C35 - IJN Gray

H38/C32 - Dark Gray (2)

Same as above for the Yamashiro, except IJN Green (H59/C124) & IJN Gray(H61/C35) are not used and H81/C55 Khaki is used as well.

I assume the Nagato will use similar colors.

Thank you.

Edited by Steve147
Adding responders to question
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gidday @Steve147, many thanks for that. It was you asking for help and ultimately you helping us. 👍 I'll make notes of this and include it in the kit. Good luck with the models and I'll be very interested in them when you build them. Regards, Jeff.