ICM Models German Stosstruppen Vignette

Three of the four figure set (the other one wasn't great, but was handy for practising and deciding on paint schemes).
I wasn't happy with how I painted the spade-guy's face (last one I did; maybe fatigue was setting in?).
The groundwork material wasn't ideal - too uniform, so the end result looks painted, even though it was only washed and dry-brushed.
I enjoyed painting the figures, but the rest ... meh.

8DABFC40-724B-489D-BD31-8D5F1E0F7A9B-1 D7725F29-8FF5-4CF9-9CCC-889596CA301C-1 CF34627B-6EC4-46A2-B948-07BE4FD8D358-1 7BD35ADF-1762-4566-AF49-AFFCE4BDA241-1 DC626860-600D-4CC6-B105-EE6C290B5BB6-1

• Like 19

I like the simplicity of this. Figure paint work is exceptional to my eyes. I like the guy with the shovel, sort of looks like he's thinking "I will kill them all with just my shovel"

My only minor nitpick, perhaps use a darker wash for the recesses in the ground work to give it more depth.

Other than that, most excellent work.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Crayons said:

I like the simplicity of this. Figure paint work is exceptional to my eyes. I like the guy with the shovel, sort of looks like he's thinking "I will kill them all with just my shovel"

My only minor nitpick, perhaps use a darker wash for the recesses in the ground work to give it more depth.

Other than that, most excellent work.

Yes the groundwork was a headache.

Wash after wash was applied - including another after the photos were taken.

It was just absorbed every time... 😑

Well done, but....far too clean. They look like recruits straight out of a training barracks in a relatively affluent well provisioned period of the war, not Stosstruppen in the field 1918. Destroys the suspension of disbelief factor of an otherwise impressive vignette I really want to love Big Dave. More mud, dirt & field wear & tear please. 👍 

On 27/10/2022 at 22:52, Bigglesof266 said:

Well done, but....far too clean. They look like recruits straight out of a training barracks in a relatively affluent well provisioned period of the war, not Stosstruppen in the field 1918. Destroys the suspension of disbelief factor of an otherwise impressive vignette I really want to love Big Dave. More mud, dirt & field wear & tear please. 👍 

Ha!

Maybe they're re-enactors?

Charlie (with the repro-carbine), aged 25, lives with his parents and ain't had a girlfriend.

Seth (front and centre), 19, is "gonna join the army" - one day, we've heard it all before.

And Dane (feldwebel) ... Dane. Where to begin with Dane??? So many crosses to bear. Hence the weekend NCO status he ached for, for so long.

Those outfits cost a small fortune.

You think they're going to get them dirty?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...