Adding strategic dot to follow thread with interest.

If the Hunley thread is anything to go by, this will be very interesting.

How are the Micromir naval models if one was to build them stock?

Would they look decent if made by an average modeler?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SprueMan said:

Adding strategic dot to follow thread with interest.

If the Hunley thread is anything to go by, this will be very interesting.

How are the Micromir naval models if one was to build them stock?

Would they look decent if made by an average modeler?

I can only speak for the ones I have made but in my opinion, a degree of experience and extra work is needed to get the best out of them. Start with one of their simpler kits and see how you get on.

Martian 👽

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Martian said:

Well, not much rigging but it seems that I have not learned my lesson from the Hunley build and keep getting the urge to drill holes in this one too.

Incorrigible of Mars 👽

Tis never wise to drill holes in one's sub. But the REAL burning question that inquiring minds gotsta know is..... will there be Rivets?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Tis never wise to drill holes in one's sub. But the REAL burning question that inquiring minds gotsta know is..... will there be Rivets?

There will indeed be rivets but nowhere near as many as on the Hunley. Fortunately, this this was made mostly of wood. I am, however, looking forward to having a lot of polished brass piping on the model. I just wish I could source a decent set of plans for the thing.

Martian 👽

1 hour ago, Martian said:

There will indeed be rivets but nowhere near as many as on the Hunley. Fortunately, this this was made mostly of wood. I am, however, looking forward to having a lot of polished brass piping on the model. I just wish I could source a decent set of plans for the thing.

Martian 👽

The Hunley was kinda special. With all those rivets making it look all "pearly-like" You almost expect the crew to break out singing "Knees up Mother Brown" when it left the dock.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

The Hunley was kinda special. With all those rivets making it look all "pearly-like" You almost expect the crew to break out singing "Knees up Mother Brown" when it left the dock.

Unfortunately it was more like "I'm forever blowing bubbles"

Ian

• Haha 2