DKM O Class Battlecruiser Barbarossa Trumpeter 1:350 Class - release announced

73north

On 3/7/2023 at 8:18 AM, Robertone139 said:

Leipzig, Konigsberg, Koln, Nurnberg.....

I have been waiting for someone to do the DKM light cruisers in 1/350 for years.   One of these days....   Emden, Konigsberg, Karlsruhe, Koln, Leipzig, Nurnberg.   I've even toyed with the idea of scratch building the Emden but can't find a source for scale drawings in 1/350.

On 4/5/2023 at 10:52 PM, Don said:

I have been waiting for someone to do the DKM light cruisers in 1/350 for years.   One of these days....   Emden, Konigsberg, Karlsruhe, Koln, Leipzig, Nurnberg.   I've even toyed with the idea of scratch building the Emden but can't find a source for scale drawings in 1/350.

Have you checked out the Kagero drawings of the Emden?

https://sklep.kagero.pl/the-light-cruiser-sms-emden.html

The DKM light cruisers have connections to Norway,

Bits and pieces of the Königsberg is on display at a museum in Herdla (outside Bergen)

https://herdlamuseum.museumvest.no/english/

And Karlsruhe rests in deep waters outside Kristiansand, images from a cable laying survey for Statnet  

https://kommunikasjon.ntb.no/pressemelding/oppdaget-unikt-skipsvrak-fra-andre-verdenskrig-pa-havbunnen?publisherId=89853&releaseId=17891336

67d272fe-baa4-4130-829f-8aacb88a263e-w_9

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 4:52 PM, Don said:

Check with Profilie Morskie, they do some 1/350 drawings.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I came across this pic and basic info last year, and have just seen more details last night. This kit is available now and I am sure it’s known but it comes with two main armament options. It has the turrets as shown with dual 15’ guns. There is a pictured sprue and instructions showing an option of using supplied triple gunned turrets. Have no idea if these represent 11” or 15” guns, keen to find out. Apologies if this has already been discussed. Cheers from Sydney. 

On 7/2/2022 at 9:10 PM, Mike said:

If you think that a model company will be swayed by the same few middle aged men griping and reeling off their wish list each time a new kit they don’t like is announced, I suspect you over-estimate the free time of model company employees to trawl every thread about a different model for good ideas, and consequently you’re in for a sad time of things. 

Actually, we know for a fact that people at Airfix read forums like this precisely because it informs their market research. They have mentioned this on Sprue Talk and other interviews they have done.

On 4/5/2023 at 4:52 PM, Don said:

The Flyhawk Königsberg is a thing of beauty, although it is in 1/700.

• 5 months later...
On 4/5/2023 at 10:52 PM, Don said:

If you are willing to try out a printed kit from China:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166140057647?hash=item26aeb8182f:g:B24AAOSwg1NlDU97

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1