RV MiG-23MF Flogger-B 1/72 - 26oct22 a bit more paint on and getting all the small bits together

Looking good!
I admire your patience in dealing with the fitting issues of the kit.
I'd love to see Eduard work on a 1/72 line of Floggers. After all they were in Czechoslovakian service so it would probably work well with their local audience. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cpoud117 said:

Looking good!
I admire your patience in dealing with the fitting issues of the kit.
I'd love to see Eduard work on a 1/72 line of Floggers. After all they were in Czechoslovakian service so it would probably work well with their local audience. 

Thanks mate. Watch out for the Clear Prop MiG-23ML/MLD release this year :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

With the F-84F at a moment of pausing while decals wing their way to me I am returning to the Flogger with the aim of getting her done once and for all. I've done nothing on her today so here is a current photo, languishing in the late afternoon sun, while she gets a brief moment out of the paint barn . I now need to add the various stencils and she can have a Glosscote. Meanwhile I need to attend to the fiddly bits - undercarriage, doors, missiles, etc. Back soon - I promise!

Martin

Flogger35

• Like 6

• RidgeRunner changed the title to RV MiG-23MF Flogger-B 1/72 - 19oct22 back at her!

I've got all the bits together and have started the final assembly. There are still a few things to paint, such as the canopy outer including the puttied edges. Yesterday I got a number of things painted with H27002 (pitot, legs, inner faces of the door, etc), Colourcoats MiG Blue-Green (inside the canopy) and Grey (for the seat). All that was after wrestling with the main undercarriage legs, which come in two parts. Unhelpfully the RV/KP instructions don't give guidance on the angle in which they must be cemented. So, after a bit of "Goggling" on line I made my judgement and went with it. The Res-Kit weighted wheels were also cleaned up and are ready for the painting of the tyres. 

I do still need to get the stencils and warning placards on. I only have multi-coloured ones from the kit but I have a feeling that the Indian machines had black for all the lettering. I therefore scanned and printing them in black so that I can have the choice if needed. Does anyone out there know? @Linescriber? @Stilwell? anyone? ;) 

Flogger36

Martin

• Like 7

• RidgeRunner changed the title to RV MiG-23MF Flogger-B 1/72 - 26oct22 a bit more paint on and getting all the small bits together
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 2:39 PM, flashlight said:

This is looking very good, great work!

Thanks, Nick. I nearly have the small bits painted now and so she should be finished in the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately I am away for work the next few days so she has to wait a bit longer :(

Martin

• Like 1