1/144 - Douglas DC-8 by X-Scale Models - DC-8-30 & 53 srs released

Homebee

I'm not very familiar with the DC-8, so I'm asking you: how likely are they to release the long -60 series as well? Can they re-use most of the parts layout or is it an entirely different airplane? 

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman

I am doubtful about the DC-8-60 series.  While the wing, stabs, landing gear, sos 50 engines could be used, the longer mold and mold base required may be beyond the capacity of their existing molding equipment.  I can see a future sis 4O which is a short body DC-8 which they are currently producing with RR Conway engines.   I am excited with X models and what they are doing.  The list is very long on kits to produce to replace the now ancient Airfix Skyking and Revell early airliners.

The Minicraft DC-8 60 series was a very good kit, one of their best 1/144 airliners. Now that the Minicraft tools have been taken over by Academy it wouldn’t be surprising if this sees a rerelease in the near future.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Douglas DC-8 by X-Scale Models - DC-8-30 & 53 srs released
7 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I'd prefer darker window decals but still is nice, I'm sure someone has or will have window decals for it.

Something like this from lndecals.dk ?

144-662-600x600.webp

144-663-600x600.webp

• Like 1