Death Dealer Customized

Uff, finally :D It took me longer than I had hoped. 

Looking back, I'm very pleased with the result. As you all know, there are always things you'd like to change a bit, but I had to call it :). I want to do other projects as well ^^ 

If you are interested in the process and haven't seen it yet, here is the link:  Sideshow Collectibles Death Dealer Customization

Comments and critics are welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And for comparison, before and after

spacer.png

Thanks for everyone who accompanied me on this journey :D :D

Cheers, Stefan

• Like 16

Indeed a huge improvement. Only thing I have is the eyes, but that might be an effect of the photos. The glow is too strong in my book, looks more like flashlights then the deep glow of demons eyes. If it is that strong in reality, I'd vote for a bigger resistor to bring it down a bit.

The paintwork is nice and fitting. But what really stands out to me is your sculpting. This really pushed it to a whole different class.

Well done!

Jan

• Like 1

Hi Jan, thank you very much for the kind words :)

The LEDs are not that bright in real life, they are just bright enough to see them in daylight. But I took the picture in direct sight, so they seem to glow too much, as you stated ^^. I wanted to see them in daylight because in the dark...well, I cant see the rest of him :D 

3 hours ago, Schwarz-Brot said:

But what really stands out to me is your sculpting. This really pushed it to a whole different class.

Again, thank you very much Jan, I really appreciate it.

Cheers, Stefan

• Like 1

So much to admire in this figure, but I have to really complement you on your blood - so often it looks fake and cartoonish when people try to paint it, but yours looks thick and wet, and blood red.

Thank you Nev :) 

1 minute ago, Nev said:

o often it looks fake and cartoonish when people try to paint it

I don't like that either and wanted to avoid it. My first version with vallejo water was not that great, so I redid it with the good old 5 min epoxy technique :D 
Its easy, but can be a bit stressing and time consuming. Mix a good blood color and mix it with 5min epoxy. Now the game begins. Adding all the small splatters n stuff with a toothpick. As soon as the exoxy hardens, do all blood where it should have more in the blood (on the knuckles for example). there is not much time.  Then, mix some exopy again :D :D 
I have to say I very much enjoyed the process. 

Cheers, Stefan

• Thanks 1

There's a blood effect paint by citadel (games workshop) that works quite well. Applied thin or thinned a bit, it gives good bloodstaines. Applied as-is it is quite thick, tends to pull some strings and gives a nice glossy wet-looking and quite thick blood-effect. This works very well to scale with GWs 32mm miniatures. Might not be suitable for such large figures as the death dealer.

Thats a big Yikes for me. I tried this paint before, but it is...just a paint. It drys like a paint. For really small minis okey, but bigger scale models, it just doesnt look real enough. And the color is too bright for artery blood in my opinion. With epoxy I don't have to top coat or anything. It just drys and looks great :D