Please help - identify these parts

bhouse

I was sorting through some storage boxes today and discovered a small plastic bag containing... plastic.

To be precise, one grey plastic runner with engine parts, and a smaller bag with a canopy, 2 rubber tyres, a length of vinyl tubing and a length of monofilament.

Clearly parts from an aeroplane kit, but I have no idea which kit.

Here's the main runner, photographed on a 1cm grid for scale:

Zcoou8B.jpg?2

And here's the sealed small plastic bag:

oTkeI18.jpg?2

I did have a bit of a kit-buying spree in the 80's and 90's so it was probably bought in that era. My interests tend towards civil aircraft from the 20's to the 50's, so it's probably a kit representing one of those. I did buy several Williams Brothers kits of 'Golden Age' racers and that big 9 cylinder radial seems to suggest it may belong to one of them.

Can the collective knowledge of Britmodeller please help me to identify the precise subject? 

With that information, I'l be able to look for the rest of the kit. Or, place a 'wanted' ad for someone who has a  'Hokey Cokey Model X kit (minus engine)' that they would like to sell 😉

Thanks for looking (and in anticipation of any helpful or humorous) comments,

Brian

Thanks Joseph. That's a possibility but that canopy looks too wide for a GeeBee to me. But I think you're right on the scale.

But why on earth did I separate those components from the rest of the kit...

That sure looks like a Williams Bros. engine kit to me.

The Williams Bros. 1/32 kits are Laird Super Solution, Gee Bee R Racer, Ryder R-4, Wedell Williams Racer, Gee Bee Z Super Sportster, Hall's Bulldog Racer, Seversky P-35, Caudron C.450/460 Racer, and F9C Sparrowhawk. The P-35 had a V-shaped windscreen, so it's got to be one of the others.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bhouse said:

Thanks Joseph. That's a possibility but that canopy looks too wide for a GeeBee to me. But I think you're right on the scale.

Fairly sure it's the Wedell-Williams.

• Thanks 2

Thanks Space Ranger, Roger and Orso,

I think the Wedell Williams is the one. The large-scale planes review mentions the vinyl tubing and the photo clinches it.

Now all I have to do is find the rest of the kit!

Thanks again,

Brian

• Sad 1