HKP 4 - Fujimi 1:72

Rudolf_Filip

Right!

I almost forgot that I signed up for this group build. I've had this kit in my stash for at least 15 years. I think it is about time that I actually build it. 🙂 

As you can see in the pictures I did start painting the cockpit floor many years ago but somehow I never went any further. 

This will become a Swedish HKP 4 which I have some fond memories of when it was still in service here in Sweden. 

The only aftermarket will be an old (slightly yellowed) decal sheet from Flying Colors. I think that I will keep this build simple and concentrate on the exterior. 

nNIhsO0.jpg

WdRYeCw.jpg

tMdZ7Mb.jpg

Wish me luck... 

• Like 8

Great to have you with us Rudolf, and great to have another HKP-4 being built.

Do you intend to build her in the splinter scheme or the earlier green scheme?

My only (very loose) association with the CH-46 family is that for several years I overhauled the engines for HKP-4's whilst Volvo moved their facility in Sweden so I might add another HKP-4 to the list soon but mine will be an early one in the early green scheme.

Good luck with your build.

Craig.

• Like 1

I'm going to try and go for the splinter version. I will probably regret it when I'm stuck with all those little pieces of Tamiya tape... 😀 

I have bought the correct colours from MRP that will be exciting to try out. 

Hopefully they will look the part since I'm also hoping to use them on my many Viggen kits in my stash. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...