1:72 Aki Products Hawker Sea Fury FB.11

On 28/08/2020 at 07:24, 352nd Fighter Group said:

Hello my friend I have been very Lucky to find a 1/72 sea fury from Aki products  never built a resin kit what is the best super glue to use thanks

First off, congratulations on finding one of these rare kits! I hope you didn't have to take out a second mortgage to pay for it. You've never built a resin kit? You might want to practice on one that is not so rare and expensive, but then I didn't do that. My first resin kit was the CMR Buccaneer.

Anyway, the superglue that I used was Instacure+ which is a medium set glue available here in the States from Micro-Mark or Bob Smith Industries. I'm sure there is something similar in the UK. Maybe Deluxe Materials has something? The previous suggestion of the Slow Dry from Mig looks good too. You will want a slower setting glue so you have some time to position parts. The typical thin superglue will grab almost immediately, in my experience anyway.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3

On 29/08/2020 at 11:18, 352nd Fighter Group said:

Hello Bill  will zap a gap be OK to use

I would think so. Zap-A-Gap (Green Label) is a medium viscosity superglue that allows 7 to 10 seconds for part positioning according to their web site. You can always test by gluing some scrap pieces of resin, such as bits of the casting blocks that are left after removing the parts.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1