Meng Panther A Second Try (with zimmerit)

Great work, amazing that you were able to run into a veteran with that kind of knowledge, they are probably the best resources on the earth. There are some WWII vets in my area, I'm in the process of getting into contact with them. 

Mark

Soeren

I tried sanding the axles and even ran a drill bit through the poly caps inside the wheels but they are just too tight and the swing arms not robust

enough. The poly caps are too small and when they are inside the wheels they become even smaller so the axles just don't fit.

Throwing the poly caps away and just gluing the wheels onto the shoulders on the swing arms is the solution. They fit fine, nice and tight and

who cares if they don't turn.  The suspension on mine doesn't work so the wheels are fine glued in place.

Meng sort of dropped the ball a bit on this one, not normal for them.

Hey you have to try the putty/zimmerit method, it's fun.........NOT!!!

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

Thanks Mark

Yes some of the guys who lived through that era have some great life experience.  Funny thing is they aren't all

that older than me but were just in the right place at the wrong time.  Sometimes hard to get them to open up

about it though. My uncle was a motorcycle dispatch rider and he had some stories about really narrow escapes on back

roads in France and Germany.  My dad was infantry in Italy and later Holland and he never would talk about some

of the things he saw and did, nobody knew about PTSD back in the day.

Take care,

Lloyd

Very nice finish,after your earlier misgivings about the zimmerit its turned out a very good looking  model, nice touch with the rotbraun primer showing under the chipped  zimmerit too

Thanks Hewy

Meng moulded everything in red plastic so the primer under chipped zimmerit was pretty easy.  I goofed on the pattern for the

zimmerit as it should have had diagonal lines but what the heck it does look the part. I also didn't paint 613 in the correct

camo scheme as I like the 3 color spaghetti noodle style pattern.

Otherwise I'm fairly happy with it for a first attempt.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1