BA-10 Armoured Car

Placeholder while I wait for the postie.

I've built the 1/100 version of this in Red Army colours so I'll be exploring paths less traveled with this build. The kit is of the more common late version (with the stowage boxes on the rear fenders for the tracks that could be used to convert it into a half track) so I have quite a choice of potential schemes to choose from. 

I got a good deal on the kit so I spent some of the saving on a metal gun barrel. Now I'm seriously looking at the Swedish version which had the main armament removed. Life, eh? :D

Andy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Having spent February incubating lurgy (kidney stones: they're not big or clever but they hurt like mad and don't come without a few friends), it's time to get this road on the show. First up, some pics of my starting point:

1. The box full of plasticky goodness

QiEAuER.jpg

2. The main sprues

b2gBgUG.jpg

3. The minor sprues, tyres and stock decals

MhhRm36.jpg

4. The decals I'm actually going to use. Not finally decided yet whether to do scheme C (a Finnish BA-10) or D (a Hungarian BA-10M) Why the indecision?

lhfUMFn.jpg

5. Here's why. I'd like to add at least one crewman, and I like the seated figure from each box

6Ygm5t5.jpg

Wonder what Panzer Vor is in either of those languages?

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Progress has been glacial, but there has been progress. I have a turret, complete with metal barrel and a new (to me at least) type of filler. The former went in no bother and the latter is a joy to use so I'm inspired to more progress soon.

WgwOb7b.jpg

UMrySwr.jpg

A little tidy up and it will be ready for paint. Hope the rest of it falls together like that did - I do like Zvezda engineering.

Andy

• Like 2

In fact, here it is with a quick base coat slapped on since the last post. Akan 3B Protective Dark Green. Going to take a couple of coats to properly cover, but it gives you (and me) an idea.

0EXOW7G.jpg

Andy

Edited by Foxbat

This looks the business 

Regarding the 1/100 scale version, for those of us with more years experience than others, please stop showing off about the fact your eyesight is still good enough to even find a 1/100 kit let alone build it !  :clif:

cheers Pat

• Haha 2