+++ British AFV Group Build Now @ 30 !

18 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I did some quick referencing to the Cruiser A13 & Vickers Medium tanks. Both The Medium Mk.1 and Mk.2 were out of service by 1939. The Cruiser A13 was out of service by 1942. That makes them ineligible for the build ?

I should have read the rules more carefully...  :banghead:    The A13 and Vickers Medium are out.   The Chieftain's still in though.  And now I'm off to search for a Comet.  Or maybe a Centurion...

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 4:50 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

I should have read the rules more carefully...  :banghead:    The A13 and Vickers Medium are out.   The Chieftain's still in though.  And now I'm off to search for a Comet.  Or maybe a Centurion...

...or maybe both ;) 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SoftScience said:

I'm down. I hope I'm still around in 2032 or whenever this happens.

👍 Thank you for your interest. Ive added you to the list on page 1. We can only hope to get a full count of votes in the Great November Bunfight. If we do it will be next year. 

Dennis

Hello Everyone, Just came across this in the Rumourmonger area. AFV Club is going to release a dedicated Centurion Mk.III later this year. 

6rDUDql.jpg

That would be a welcome addition in this build. Here is a Decal sheet from Star decals, that might still be available for these new kits ? 

YWanUpg.jpg

Here are a few photo’s of Mk.III’s in Korea. Hopefully they will get some ideas flowing.

TseD5Cs.jpg

SzVR7yY.jpg

QPtQ93k.jpg

A Mk.III in North Korea C.1951 ⬆️

xVP1sK0.jpg

The 8th Hussar Regiment. ⬆️

nVcTl4D.jpg

Centurion Mk.III’s & Infantry from the 29th British Brigade. ⬆️ Hope it inspires someone to build one. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

AFV Club have been showing off a new Centurion Mk.1 kit that they will be releasing soon. I've been wanting to make one of these for ages to complement my other Panzer 46 stuff, so I might build one of these for the GB.

58th+Shizuoka+Hobby+Show+2019+AFV+Club+%

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I had already decided on a Comet for this, using the Bronco kit.   But now I'm considering a Cromwell VII in Korea using the Tamiya kit and  Accurate Armour resin conversion sets.

The more the merrier ! To quote you "build them both". 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Deep Bronze Green was introduced in Jan 1948, this applied to newly produced vehicles though any older models still in service after it's introduction (Cromwell in Korea etc) would most likely still be in the earlier SCC15 though.

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Thanks for that information.  :thumbsup:

So Centurion Mk.3s would most likely have been in Deep Bronze Green, while earlier marks were in SCC15. 

Arrrggghh...   I said the C-word!  :frantic: 

Ah go on Enzo. You know you want to ;) 

• 3 months later...

I picked up the AFV Club Centurion Mk.III kit at the Scale Model Challenge show last weekend for this GB, I also had a chat with the staff from AFV at the show & found out that the Centurion Mk.I will finally be released around Christmas this year.

cent3.jpg

cent1.jpg

• Like 2