Sukhoi Su-20

Jabba

I have now applied the decals. I have only applied the national markings and Ser No as I am not sure  of the quality of the kit stencil decals, plus there was a lot of them which I just did not want to apply. In the late 1980s the IrAF changed the Ser No of the Su-20/22 fleet from a 4 to a 5 number. So because I making an aircraft from 1991 I decided to do a bit of cut and shunting with the numbers on the Iraqi Fighters decal sheet, with numbers roughly the correct size. From the information that I can get from the Iraqi Fighters book, this aircraft was flown to Iran in 1991.

A matt varnish is being applied as we speak, and will concentrate on the U/C during the coming week, and hopefully have this finished towards the end of the week.

Due to the change in Photobuckets policy I will not be replacing the previous photos in the building of the this model, sorry if this disappoints a few people.

resized_ff6ae8b8-c876-41ce-a8d3-85bc5024

resized_d06581a2-c470-4022-8502-a767e403

resized_9216a9b7-215e-4324-a3f7-41b2c8ad

resized_351a6bff-3a5e-4fc1-8eb9-90c97e48

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Coming along nicely :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

PS can't you upload the photo to a different provider and then edit the old post with the new image location?

It is a possibility as I am already using another provider which I am still getting used to, it will just depend on how much time that I have.

• Like 1

Good stuff jabba , coming on a treat , I'm in the same boat regards photo bucket ,what a pickle,i was, and still am hoping they at least resore hosting for the old photos ,I'll give em till the weekend to relent, then I'llhave to update my threads:swear:, and delete the account

Glynn

Thanks for your replies. A small update, in that the U/C is now fitted and the model stands on its own legs. I will have fun fitting he main U/C doors as there seems to be no positive location on the parts and the instructions just point in vague directions as to how they are fitted. n the last photo is something that arrived from a place in East Anglia today as the kit probes are not that good. I don't know how I will get on with this as I have never used these before and I have fingers like pigs teats.

resized_67d07046-36aa-42b1-b61d-a78efa6d

resized_3b1774fb-f973-4046-b4d6-0b1ad24a

resized_6dfb1b13-e2bd-45df-8c59-aeece664

• Like 3

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:42 AM, Basilisk said:

Coming along nicely :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

PS can't you upload the photo to a different provider and then edit the old post with the new image location?

All previous piccies now posted.

I had a play with the new probes, and it was not as bad as I thought that it was going to be. They are now stuck on and being painted. This was not with the main U/C doors. As there was no positive location, and they have to go in a specific places I thought that this was not well done by the manufacturer, and it is one of the few things that I would ask them to improve upon but as they have now made several different versions of this kit I doubt that it will happen, and yes I do have a few of these other kits to do so I will have to find a better way of fitting these parts. Some photos below.

resized_fbea2439-ad64-4198-a6de-6d3164fd

resized_91feeabe-e48d-4676-91c4-8053164e

resized_f78c8568-961c-42b5-ab6d-ac07d3fa

• Like 3

On 07/07/2017 at 4:55 AM, Jabba said:

Thanks for your replies. A small update, in that the U/C is now fitted and the model stands on its own legs. I will have fun fitting he main U/C doors as there seems to be no positive location on the parts and the instructions just point in vague directions as to how they are fitted. n the last photo is something that arrived from a place in East Anglia today as the kit probes are not that good. I don't know how I will get on with this as I have never used these before and I have fingers like pigs teats.

One word - tweezers ;)

But you managed to place the probes and they look great. Also good to see that the U/C doors are now in place and looking fine. This model will look smashing when finished.

Cheers, Peter

PS. Good to see that you updated the links to the pictures in the older posts :D