The Sea Fury rumour thread 2

Whofan

Upcoming sheet for the beautiful Airfix Sea Fury from Hi-Decal,  scheduled for September: 

HD 48037 Hawker Sea Fury FB.11 / Fury FB.60

- "701" - Egyptian Air Force very first Fury ( Former G-AKRY demonstrator) in sand & brown desert camouflage. Used in combat during the first Palestine War,   

701 scored the first ever confirmed aerial REAF victory in June 1948.
- "711" - Egyptian Air Force Sea Fury in aluminium overall, used in combat against Israeli forces in the Sinai on 30 and 31 October1956,
- "237" - Iraqi Air Force in sand & brown desert camouflage, first detached to Syria  and later transferred to the REAF in October 1948, this Baghdad Fury was used

in combat during the Palestine War being credited with an aerial victory in December,

- "318" - Iraqi Air Force Fury in sand & brown desert camouflage, in 1953,

-  "4"    - Moroccan Air Force Fury ( former Iraqi a/c) in sand & brown desert camouflage, in 1960.

-"L900"- First Pakistani Air Force Fury in sand & brown desert camouflage and high-viz  black/yellow undersides, used as target tug in 1960,

-"L991"- Last Pakistani Air Force Fury in dark green and ocean grey camouflage, in 1957,

Edited by Diego
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

Would anybody have a photo of the new re-release's decal sheet?  I've tried looking online (including the Airfix site and Workbench), but no luck.  I'm wanting to see the proportions of the RAN roundels as included on the sheet... have Airfix made all six the same diameter, or are the two fuselage ones smaller? 

Thanks in advance!

Michael

10 minutes ago, Type 40 said:

Gawd... I searched half a dozen other websites/reviews before I posted here; I should've just stuck closer to home.  🙄

I've been Googling stuff for my Airfix Sea King build lately, and most times I see a decent pic, and end up back on Britmodeller's Walkaround section :blush:   I can't be too hard on you now, can I? :lol: