Airfix 1/72 Javelin FAW.9 Build

Exactly one week to the USA, assuming you put them in the post on October 26. The difference was probably due to the decals being in an envelope, and the Buccaneer bits were in a small parcel. Thanks again, these are still the only Mk.7 Javelin decals I've seen.

I love the satin finish. Things are looking very nice indeed. It's interesting to read about the loss of mojo near the end of the build. I tend to lose mine in the middle of the build - probably when I realize how much I've bitten off before the real work starts. It tends to come back as I near the finish line. That's fueled by two things - the fact that the finish line is in view, and the desire to start a new project. Eventually, we all get our mojo back, in all things not just modelling. :)

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill, I too often get hung up mid-way through, usually just before main painting starts is a major hurdle for me, and then where I'm at now. Fortunately, like you, the prospect of a new project is a strong motivator to finish the one I on whatever I may feel about it at the time. By the way, the Bucc bits to Canada were in an envelope too, so well done the US Postal Service!.

• Like 1

I've finally finished after making blade and whip antennae for the top of the tail and a windscreen wiper, plus of course doing the canopy. For those who are interested, I ahve posted images of the completed model on Ready For Inspection: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234992288-airfix-172-javelin-faw9r-with-some-corrections/

and one here....

P1100328_zpsmoi9c2qg.jpg

• Like 7