Revell Huey * Complete *

Alan Hooker

OK, this will be my effort for this GB. Revell re-pop of the venerable old Monogram 1/24 UH-1 Huey. Now, as far as I'm aware, the fuselage is a tad too short on this kit. However, as long as it looks like a Huey when it's finished, that'll do me. Gonna be a straight forward OOB build. Should be fun (y)SAM_1686_zpslpfl8art.jpgSAM_1692_zpszkaruslg.jpgSAM_1693_zpsmcoyekzc.jpgSAM_1694_zps0nilc1fj.jpgSAM_1695_zpsz6muqomw.jpgSAM_1696_zpsl4gbgsnl.jpgSAM_1697_zps10raelyr.jpg

Edited by snapper_city
  • Like 7

Alan, you got me at the word Huey!

I shall make an exception and disregard the gargantuan scale of the kit (anything above 1/48 and below 1/72 scares me for opposite reasons! My shrink says I can be cured...).

This is going to be fun to watch!

JR

Well, this big old girl is getting there. To say this kit is a little on the crude side would be an understatement. Every part needs some major cleaning up, which I to be expected given the age of the moulding! Detail is on the basic side, but it'll do me. Anyhow, pit and cabin went together with no fuss. Dirtied it up a little with some Mig wash and dry brushing (y)

SAM_1709_zpsjvhv8cpd.jpgSAM_1710_zpsxyr1r9nj.jpgSAM_1711_zpspgyazxta.jpgSAM_1713_zpsmnucoffb.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good so far.

Did you add a little weight to the insides? My experiences with Huey kits are they all have a tendency to point a bit nose up because of the tail boom weight.

Looking good so far.

Did you add a little weight to the insides? My experiences with Huey kits are they all have a tendency to point a bit nose up because of the tail boom weight.

Yes matey. Added some fishing weights, so fingers crossed she'll sit properly (y)

Paint job done and decals applied. They went on fine apart from the sharks mouth. Quite thick, and reluctant to conform to the detail underneath. Ended up playing hard ball and lashing plenty of Tamiya X-20 on them. Still not perfect, but best they'll do methinks. I'll seal them with another coat of Klear tomorrow before I start playing with some washes and a little more chipping (y)

SAM_1747_zps7dkrvkme.jpgSAM_1748_zpsqk8zgvlb.jpgSAM_1749_zpszpefwwwu.jpgSAM_1752_zpso3walaat.jpgSAM_1753_zps6u86c3na.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a spray of Humbrol Mattcote, last bits 'n' bobs added, masking removed from glazing, and weaponry assembled and fitted. Calling her done. In hindsight, I'vw WAY overdone the chipping, I think. But she'll do (y)

SAM_1756_zpsdb3jfwgp.jpg

• Like 2