1/48 REST Models Westland Wapiti ...

RAL

Is there any news whatsoever about the release of the subject resin kit? It seems that this Wapiti has had the same gestation period of the 1/48 SH/MPM Bristol/DAP Beaufort :weep:

http://www.restmodels.com/?p=model&id=44&s=&l=en

I'm keen to do a 1/48 model of the RAAF's A5-16 which was used to tow the DHA-G Glider in trials. A5-16 was one of three Wapitis that survived into the 1940s in RAAF service:

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/994/pics/81_1.jpg

Please note that the profile is substantially correct except that the rudder stripes should be reversed with the blue leading as per the earlier application of these stripes in the 1930s. The colours should also be the 'light, bright' hues used at that time.

Unusual about the airframe is the application of the individual airframe number "16" and the absence of the RAAF stores prefix of "A5-". The presentation of the large numerals is also consistent with those applied to some RAAF aircarft in the 1930s.

Cheers

Roger

Thanks, Ludwig. From what I've heard, REST are concentrating on figures with their recent releases ...

I'll 'page' John and see what may be in the offering from his perspective.

Cheers

RAL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

John (Aeroclub) very kindly advised via PM that he is working on accurate 1/48 plans for the Westland Wallace and as the Wapiti is a close relative, he's also doing plans for the latter. These are very much a work in progress while he concentrates on another project. If I were a betting man, I'd say that a 1/48 Aeroclub Wapiti and Wallace will see the light of day before any other manufacturer.

Cheers

RAL

• Like 1

A Wallace as well as a Wapiti would be awesome!

I had a chat with John at Telford and he mentioned also the possibility of a Hart based on his Demon sometime, which would be icing on the cake.

Edited by Welkin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not good news I'm afraid. I emailled Ruslan at Rest Models to see what the current status of his 1/48 Westnad Wapiti was these days. His response:

"Hi!

Unfortunately this project (Westland Wapiti) now isn't priority.

Now nothing can be told about terms and about, whether this kit will be constructed.

Ruslan,

RestModels,

Ukraine"

It seems we will need to be patient and wait for John (Aeroclub) to finish his current projects.