Airfix 1/48 Operation Herrick Warrior - Finally Finished!

That does look like a tasty little model.

I took a step out of my comfort zone and tried their Cromwell recently and I did like their approach to the tracks and the whole thing went together very well.

Just one more thing - this is 1/48th isn't it? - because those instructions say "1/72."

That does look like a tasty little model.

I took a step out of my comfort zone and tried their Cromwell recently and I did like their approach to the tracks and the whole thing went together very well.

Just one more thing - this is 1/48th isn't it? - because those instructions say "1/72."

Thanks mate. I like to build AFVs from time to time as a break from aircraft.

Yes, it is 1/48! I hadn't even noticed the error on the instructions!

I have some touching up to do, but here she is in paint:

IMG_0671_zpsb22c6dd7.jpg

IMG_0672_zpsb6e8b035.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Coming along nicely! The bar armour is over scale but the best that can be done in 1:48. I'm not sure you could even get photo-etch to be in scale, my 1:35 scale scratch built bar armour in my Scimitar thread is just about in scale and its at the limits of what you could reasonably build. I'm just impressed that AIrfix even had a go at it!

Edited by Kallisti

Coming along nicely! The bar armour is over scale but the best that can be done in 1:48. I'm not sure you could even get photo-etch to be in scale, my 1:35 scale scratch built bar armour in my Scimitar thread is just about in scale and its at the limits of what you could reasonably build. I'm just impressed that AIrfix even had a go at it!

Very nice indeed, although overscale it still looks a fairly decent representation of the BAR armour. Nice work with the weathering too.

Thanks Kallisti. I have looked at lots of pictures on the Internet and have decided to "break up" the rather heavy bar armour by attaching some stowage. I agree that Airfix have done very well within the limitations of the technology, as I wouldn't have been able to do what you're doing with your Scimitar.

Thanks Parabat. I have applied a second Raw Umber wash - next step pigments!!

Thanks Lee and Sean for taking the time to comment. I'm really pleased you like the model. I have now added some stowage to both sides (in between decorating the house!)

I need to add some pigment dust, but I am conscious not to over do it - as we know, less is often more!

woo hoo looking good, although I've never liked the aerials from OOB - they are just too chunky, I replaced mine with some carbon fibre aerials I had in the spares box from Accurate Armour. Camo net looks good :clap:

• Like 1