Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

-Neu-

Neu's KUTA builds (5/12 completed)

Recommended Posts

With bare metal finish - do you "pre" or "post" shade?

All pre shade.... its a lot easier and it looks better. You can just fill in the inside of a panel, and leave the lines less shaded. Its how I started doing shading with a larger needle brush like the Revolution CR.

So I've been working on the AZ Mk II. I'm going to use the xtradecal sheet for 74 Tiger squadron.

8D2_zpsd9438e1e.jpg

8D6_zpsb45a97c7.jpg

I've actually got all of the decals down, though I might put down some stencils.

And I basically finished this:

8D8_zps72f3d4d1.jpg

The landing light was filled in with future, and I added some weathering to the landing gear to finish it off. The photo doesn't do it justice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, I finally finished the MR10... after 3 years of sitting incomplete. Its going to be mounted on a wooden base, held aloft by a six inch brass rod. I actually won't be doing that, so its done!

8E03_zpsc6bf75b7.jpg

8E04_zps27ae5280.jpg

8E02_zpsf890fca6.jpg

8E01_zps4fad23c1.jpg

8E05_zps9dc5d482.jpg

Oh and I took two photos of the Ki-61.

8E11_zps5466c014.jpg

8E10_zpsc3ca3d27.jpg

More soon... I hope.

Edited by -Neu-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, here's another one. its an AZ spitfire (I used the Va box to build a IIa) dressed up as a 74 Tiger squadron from 1941. I've got the xtradecal sheet and I'd like to build most of them (The Phantom is another from this group.) These aren't the best photos (I'll get better ones later), also I've got to fix the antenna mast, but its effectively done. I didn't do very much extra; the panels are not very weathered, no stencils or much extra work. I just wanted to complete the model.

8F6_zps0b26e6ee.jpg

8F7_zps9a7c3984.jpg

If I can find the tail landing gear and undercarriage doors, the Avenger 4 could be completed in under 2 minutes... that would bring me to six completed. The F-16 has been gloss coated, and I started a bit on the oil wash, so its also nearing completion. I suspect those two will be finished by the time this GB ends. The Phantom and/or Spitfire 21 has an outside chance of getting completed. So in all I guess I'll get to eight or so. Not bad, all things considered.

Edited by -Neu-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are cracking through these! I like your touch with natural metal finishes too.

Regards,

Adrian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing progress so far, making myself and no doubt lots of others feel guilty for not following your example and making an impact on the "shelf of shame" keep up the good work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, thanks Jockney and mish... I appreciate it.

A small update. I seem to have lost the undercarriage doors and tailwheel for the Avenger. So that one might not be completed by the end of this GB. However I put some good work in on two other kits.

I finished some weathering on the F-16. All it needs is final assembly and a gloss coat... then its done. The photos look a bit grainy, so the weathering is a lot less noticeable.

8H24_zps8be3b26c.jpg

8H23_zps0032a30e.jpg

And finally here is the Spitfire 21. I made a ramshackle mask:

8H20_zpsc1f9dcda.jpg

and then painted the remaining sections in, then went over it with a a lighter coat.

8H25_zps55068a31.jpg

Anyway, that's it for this short update... more tomorrow,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...