Another one for the Harrier GR1 experts

Kev1n

Yes I did check a.net - loads of most versions, but not many of the GR1 specifically

Edited by Kev1n

Hi Kev1n - that links works for me - and I'm at work trying it, not via my home mac where I posted. That link shows GR1s on there

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?cx=partner-pub-8297169501225184%3Aa05n2n-tzky&q=harrier+GR1&sa=Submit&search_field=datedesc&siteurl=www.airliners.net%2F&ss=2583j744289j12&sort_order=photo_id+desc&page=1&page_limit=15&sid=85c6990d263d11608f769f012ea7d24a

try copying and pasting the above

strange....

Jonners

• 8 months later...

Bump!

Hi! I'm in the process of building XV778 as it appeared in the "Cold Winter" exercise 1979 (Yes, the one from the Xtradecal sheet X72186) using the very nice new tool Harrier GR.3.

Is I understood it, all Dark green areas were brushpainted with white, but what happened in the starboard intake? The inside of it was according to all the statements above DG, but did it receive a white coat as well?

BR

//Christer

Bump!

Hi! I'm in the process of building XV778 as it appeared in the "Cold Winter" exercise 1979 (Yes, the one from the Xtradecal sheet X72186) using the very nice new tool Harrier GR.3.

Is I understood it, all Dark green areas were brushpainted with white, but what happened in the starboard intake? The inside of it was according to all the statements above DG, but did it receive a white coat as well?

BR

//Christer

I very much doubt it ,

Having a green intake interior would not compromise the camouflage, and might lead to intake flow problems if the white paint was very roughly applied.

Selwyn

• Like 1

I very much doubt it ,

Having a green intake interior would not compromise the camouflage, and might lead to intake flow problems if the white paint was very roughly applied.

I agree with Selwyn. I can't speak for that particular jet, but I have seen others which have had white distemper applied. It was never applied in the intakes. One aircraft that I recall had the white distemper applied roughly over the nose area and even over the ADD probe clogging up the sensor holes. That caused a few problems, I can tell you. Luckily we found the problem before the jet was due to fly.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification. I would have guessed that they would've left the intakes unpainted, but you can never be sure of anything in this hobby :D

I should probably start up a WIP on the build though...