1/72 Carrier tow-tractor

Arie

With my 1/72 scale C-2 Greyhound dragging out into infinity, I got distracted at the hobby shop and came back with this! Verlinden wasn't abundantly clear that there was one, rather than three resin vehicles in the box as in the picture (though they did put it in the fine print.) Shame on me...but it was rather priced for three!!

6743488191_a6c6dc7a4e_z.jpg

I used talc powder mid-way through painting the anti-skid surfaces. The airbrush blew away the excess in a choking cloud, but the result was better than expected!

6743487859_5518e8ea76_z.jpg

Everything was underpainted natural metal and sanded to weather...I did some patchy re-touch and spray to replicate the ratty appearance of most of these.

So here it is 'ready for inspection' just to prove I can indeed finish something!

C&C welcome, thanks for looking:)

Edited by Arie

Superb! What plane are you going to pair it with? :)

Probably the C-2A Greyhound, after I scratch-up a tow bar for it. I have a 11 x 17 carrier-deck base, which I hope to eventually make a bit of a dio with the C-2, an E-2 Hawkeye and an S-3 Viking, but at my snail's pace, I should't get ahead of myself;)

Cheers,

A. C.

Ah, the old verlinden tracktor! I used it many (20?) years ago for my first carrier diorama. I was heavily disappointed that the kit had only so few parts. I actually didn't even knew what "resin" was that day! It turned out very nice, brush painted with revell yellow, and the dry transfer decals.

Thanks for bringing up the nice memories again! :)

Alex

Looks great, very much the unloved deck hack.

How did you do the non-slip surface?

Cheers Neal,

For the anti-skid, I heaped a mound of talcum powder over the intial paint whilst the first coat was wet, then airbrushed over it. Some of the powder sticks and the rest blows away with the second coat (beware of the choking floral-smelling cloud, it's lethal and decidedly un-masculin!)

Also used it on the upper wing surface of my C-2 Greyhound to good scale effect...

If there's an unscented kind, try that--not a fan of the stuff my wife had in the cupboard!

A. C.

Cheers Neal,

For the anti-skid, I heaped a mound of talcum powder over the intial paint whilst the first coat was wet, then airbrushed over it. Some of the powder sticks and the rest blows away with the second coat (beware of the choking floral-smelling cloud, it's lethal and decidedly un-masculin!)

Also used it on the upper wing surface of my C-2 Greyhound to good scale effect...

If there's an unscented kind, try that--not a fan of the stuff my wife had in the cupboard!

A. C.

Thanks for the guide.