Classic Airframes Gloster Meteor Mk IV

AnonymousAA72

Quite appropriate for a KUTA IV - A Meteor IV!!!

This was in the In Progress Section three years ago!! (Link to that build below) So I'm now aiming to get her finished by Christmas - well certainly before the New Year anyway

All fairly self explanatory - primed (with Humbrol rattle can acrylic - wonderful stuff!) pre-shaded - with Tamiya NATO black - and almost ready for painting. Any questions, just shout!

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

I'd sanded the intakes down so much that I'd actually sanded right through the plastic! The protrusion below is a small sliver of plastic rod superglued into the hole - to be sanded down later!

IMG_0651.jpg

From the In Progress Section.......LINKY HERE

Edited by Bill Clark

Barracudacast does some nice-looking resin intakes for the Meteor - but what's wrong with the CA intakes?

Nice and smooth silver finish Bill - Mithril Silver does go on well.

Jens

Thanks Jens, The "Narrow Breathers"are too short in length, so need extending. They're hollow inside and don't fit at all well, as Graham says. I've built six or seven of these now and all have proved challenging. Youcan see on this one I actually sanded through the sides - and tehplastic is really quite thick!

I have a resin set of "Wide Breathers" - moulded by Harold from on this site - and I'll use these on the U16 or F8 - whichever will be my next Meatbox project. The Barracuda ones look decent - so I may buy a set of their narrow breathers....

Thanks Jens, The "Narrow Breathers"are too short in length, so need extending. They're hollow inside and don't fit at all well, as Graham says. I've built six or seven of these now and all have proved challenging. Youcan see on this one I actually sanded through the sides - and tehplastic is really quite thick!

I have a resin set of "Wide Breathers" - moulded by Harold from on this site - and I'll use these on the U16 or F8 - whichever will be my next Meatbox project. The Barracuda ones look decent - so I may buy a set of their narrow breathers....

Just been tempted to order a set from Barracuda so may have a crack at one of my stash members in the new year!

Nice one Bill, nice too see you can get an all over metallic finish without using Alclad! I think those GW paints are great!

Thanks Phil, though it should be noted that The Meteor was painted in silver! I'm not aiming for a metallic finish!(Once decalled it wil be toned down!)