Scale Aircraft Modelling

dwh

A little bit of advise reqd from existing members who have SAM delivered by subscription.

How much quicker do you get your copy of the magazine, before it is available in the shops.

Just wondering if it might be better to have it delivered.

Derek

Derek

I am not sure, as I don't check when the current issue hits the shops but it probably no more than a few days. I just find it is more convenient to have it delivered than keep checking the newsagent and if you pay for the year in advance, you save a little too. I've never had an issue with lost issues or anything like that either.

Hope this helps

Andy

Slight snag to that question. As mine comes through the letterbox I have no idea when it gets onto newsagents shelves!! But then its more convenient, I'm guaranteed not to miss a copy and the price is frozen for 12 months so I would go for the subscription - providing you're happy to receive some copies where the content isn't to your liking?

I could happilly buy every magazine every month but it would cost a fortune and life's too short!! Subscribe!!

I find that the subscription copies arrive a week or so after they hit the shops. I don't really mind, as I know I am sure of getting every issue and - like the others said - you get it a bit cheaper!

There has always been something to my liking in every issue - so far - and who knows, my interests may have changed in a year or so, and then other articles/features will then be of greater interest than they are now. But then, I have only been subscribing for the past 6 years. There has gotta be folks here on Britmodeller who are subbers for a LOT longer.

mind you - perhaps living in Ireland might be a factor in the late delivery....

Prenton

Edited by Prenton

As an older modeller I just love sturdy brown envelope it arrives in and keep them for storing decal sheets in!

Coming through the letterbox keeps me out of the shops looking at other ones!

They just missed this image out of the current issue to go with the Osprey article.

HARRYWOODMAN.jpg