Prince William's Sea King's Decals

Hi All

Ive been recently been working on a add decal sheet to the Airfix Sea King 3A in Prince Williams SAR Squadron based at RAF Valley.Ive done these for our model clubs annual "Emergency Trophy" which is for the men and woman who work in our emergency services. One of the serial number's is for the sea king that was at the Royal Wedding Flypast down the mall (ZH 540) they include the 70 Years of Life Saving and badges for the doors.

Have a look.

001-7.jpg

003-6.jpg

002-8.jpg

They look great. Will you be doing them I'm 1/48?

Michael

Hi Micheal

The answer to your question is YES,but they will cost a bit more.

Prince William's Sea King's "E" XZ589 and "K" XZ585 are £5.00 plus £1.80 Recorded Delivery here in the UK.

For £10.00 plus £1.80 you get 4 Sea Kings ZH540 this was the Sea King that was flown down the Mall in London on Wedding Day.Also you get "V" ZH541 based at RAF Wattisham with ZH540.

These prices are for 1:72 scale only and not 1:48

Please remember these are Add-ons to the Airfix Kit and not all the sheet

Paul

Gents,

Not sure from the posts on this topic if it's clear or not but the Sea King HAR3A that flew down the Mall after the wedding was ZH540 (no code carried) from 'B' Flight, 22 Sqn at Wattisham airfield (not RAF Wattisham), and was flown by the Wattisham flight's OC. The Dukes flight at Valley ('C' Flight, 22 Sqn) still fly the older HAR3 model. National media at the time attempted to suggest that it was his own flight making the gesture but this was not the case. ZH541/V has indeed recently been assigned to the Wattisham flight.

That's actually a copy of my picture taken at Wattisham when the aircraft departed that friday lunchtime for the flypast in the original post - presumably from either A.Net or my flickr gallery. No problem with using it for personal reference (afterall, that's why they're on the web) but if it is intended to be published with the instructions for a decal sheet I would expect to be asked first please.

Bigger reference below.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/UK---Air/We...e45a9272a032f8d

Gary

Edited by gary1701

• 2 weeks later...

Paul,

Found that pic I mentioned via PM. Taken in June, 2007 and shows ZH542 (then coded W) with the coat of arms of Ipswich on the forward lower fuselage (behind the 'Rescue'). I never was able to photograph it close up, and it was removed sometime afterwards but I got a contact inside Wattisham at the time to go and ask 22 Sqn about it and they confirmed it was as I suspected.

2464939209_0637599e2c_o.jpg

Gary