mercedes actros

i know i said i would be doing the magnum next but after some complaints at home about the smell of my enamel paints i have had to make the

change to acrylic paints this involved replacing my pulse compressor so im doing this truck to get used to the copressor and the paints

i have the chassis together with most of the fittings on i have added some piping as well

Picture022.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture040-1.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Hi,

Nice build, waiting to see it complete. I had a chance to drive Actros a couple of times here while applying for heavy truck driving license. Its very different in seating arrangement compared to earlier Mercedes. 8 forward 1 reverse electronic power shift. I have seen Mercedes Axor trucks from Turkey its cab is very narrow in front.

Did u make those relay valves on chassis frame. Even i have complaints when i paint mostly enamels and 2k paints. I cover the A/C in my room with plastic and open the windows.

Cheers,

rishi

• 2 weeks later...

ok all most done just waiting on the foil kit and side skirts to come out the paint shop

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

im not to happy with the way the paint has come out but i think that is just down to

me doing it wrong i have some micro mesh coming so im hoping that ALLOT of

sanding and buffing between paint coats gives a better result

Hi,

Ur paint job on the cab is very good the right depth of color - like OEM. I have these sanding pads kits from Paul at little-cars long time back. The 8000 grit will sure give a mirror finish, there is a pad upto 12000. A good clear might just cheer u up . Do u wish to put any livery logos on the doors?

Nice job so far, The exhaust muffler look very real.

Cheers,

rishi :pilot: