How to cheat on a diorama

I’m posting this Panther again only because it was said that it needed a more appropriate backdrop. I have to agree that is true.

Hamburgpanthercopy.jpg

…better than…

Untitled-16.jpg

Photoshop sure makes diorama building easy! :smartass:

Dave Shaw

Nice touch Dave, kind of a "time machine"...

Cheers,

ggc

Hello,

Nice kit and nice photo cheating ... It can be further enhanced a bit; if you have Photoshop, you'll want to work the panzer in blending it a bit more with the background

-by reducing a bit the contrast (you need to have the panzer on a separate layer) reducing contrast will enlighten a bit (image

- filter> noise> adding noise; this will make you panzer a tad more grainier to match background

- and filter>attenuation>gaussian blur, to achieve the blending ....

But this is only nitpicking as your image is almost ready.

Nice work, indeed on both the kit and the piccie ;)

Stef (#6)

I have got to admit that I am very new to using the Photoshop program and have been teaching myself how it works. I did use the "filters" to give it some grain but I could not match the dot matrix of the WW II photo. The grain created by the program that I applied to the tank is random where the actual photo has a uniform grain to it such as you would find in news print. I didn't think of using the noise setting, perhaps I'll have a go at that. If I was able to work from the original photo that might have helped... or if I could clean up the background photo before I drop the tank in it.... hmmm.

Yes that would have worked. After playing around a bit I found that I could have despeckeled the background first and then I could have matched the grain perfectly.

Edited by Dave Shaw