RAF "Blue-Grey"

Ale85

Ale, RAF Matt Blue is Humbrol 96,the is no other Gunze equvelent according to my colour charts however have Tamiya-XF18.

HTH

Merv

Are we talking about RAF Blue or RAF Blue Grey?.

The latter colour, RAF Blue Grey is BS 381C;633 and is the dark blue grey colour originally used on the RN Sea Kings, Wessex and the COD Gannets etc. The only source of this colour I know of is Xtracolour X013 - it's not in the Xtracrylic range. I think the nearest FS equivalent is 26044. The nearest Humbrol colour is either 77 or 79 and is darker than RAF blue 96.

Are we talking about RAF Blue or RAF Blue Grey?.

The latter colour, RAF Blue Grey is BS 381C;633 and is the dark blue grey colour originally used on the RN Sea Kings, Wessex and the COD Gannets etc. The only source of this colour I know of is Xtracolour X013 - it's not in the Xtracrylic range. I think the nearest FS equivalent is 26044. The nearest Humbrol colour is either 77 or 79 and is darker than RAF blue 96.

Never thought of those although it would help if we knew what the subject Ale is doing.

If it's for uniforms (flight suits ect) then RAF Blue (Humbrol 96) or Oxford Blue (Humbrol 104) would be ideal.

Merv

Thankou..

I'm looking at the blue for the GAnnet, Wessex and Sea King!

Thank you so much again!

ciao

Ale

BS361c-633 it is then. I wonder if XF18 could be darkened with some black. It's not a pure blue. 77's slightly lighter and bluer, but it's available in the Humbrol Acrylic range. Sea Blue with a spot of EDSG perhaps - maybe XF17 and XF24 or XF63?

Joseph

Edited by JosephLalor

Ale

I am doing an early Sea King and have been quite pleased at how mixing 2 parts of USN Gloss Sea Blue to 1 part RAF PRU Blue turned out. I used Xtracrylix.

For this Wessex I did I used a mix of Gunze acrylics - I think 2 parts H326 to 1 part H328. On reflection I think it too blue and not enough grey and I prefer the colour I am getting from the Sea Blue/ PRU blue mix.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...5&hl=wessex

Pat