Hi all, my latest project! Trumpeter's Su-24 in 1:72 scale, in the colours of the Soviet Air Force. Build mainly out of box with exception of canopy mask by Eduard and decals from the always fabulous Begemot. Brush painted in Vallejo acrylics. The aircraft represented belonged to the 4th Guards Bomber Aviation Regiment of the VVS, Chernyakhovsk airfield, 1989.

As I built this at my usual snail's pace, I can barely remember the construction phase but I think it was all pretty straightforward 😅 I always enjoy building Trumpeter kits and this was no exception.

The Su-24 is a truly striking aircraft and the scheme is very nice. However it was quite hard to get good photographs against my white backdrop. Apologies!

P1030896

P1030900

P1030901

P1030899

P1030898

P1030897

P1030902

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

The subtle variation in the finish is impressive. Thank you for sharing. Which shade of grey did you use?  It looks perfect! 

Thank you so much! I used Vallejo Model Color 70907 Pale Greyblue. I used to brush exclusively with Model Air but now moving more and more to model color- the coverage is often much better.

• Thanks 1

Very well done!

That looks like a much nicer kit than the old Dragon one, which I bought when it was first released and never got around to building.  Perhaps I should upgrade.  :)

Cheers

• Like 1

Very nice finish!  If you don’t mind me asking, what technique did you use to paint your model (i.e. wet palette, straight from the bottle, etc.)?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matthew1974 said:

Very nice finish!  If you don’t mind me asking, what technique did you use to paint your model (i.e. wet palette, straight from the bottle, etc.)?

Thank you! I thinned Model Color with Vallejo thinner 1:1, then brush on with a big Tamiya brush, as thinly as possible, usually 4-5 coats 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2024 at 8:28 AM, Goldfish Whisper said:

Thank you! I thinned Model Color with Vallejo thinner 1:1, then brush on with a big Tamiya brush, as thinly as possible, usually 4-5 coats 

Thank you!