how to make a motorised model with sound powered by a control panel?? (like this lancaster)

hello all, i am planning to start making aircraft models, with the following features:

• spinning props, rotors and fan blades
  • sound  
  •  lights
  • and some will have cart start smoke!

and i am planning to have multi engined aircraft (hercules, shackleton, vulcan ETC ETC ) start their engines in sequence by using a control panel built into the model base.

other aircraft will have a control panel built into their display bases, the control panel will have the following labelled switches:

• APU
  • electrics
  • engines
  • Rotor brake (used on helicopters)

the control panel will be like the one in this video. 

but i would need some help on how to start with a model like a EE lightning T5!

Edited by typhoon977

You'd have to ask them. 
But do take into account that the audio files are suited to the tiny speakers they have in their sets, so if you wish to use more high-fidelity speakers, you're probably on your own.

Perhaps an arduino set may come in handy for this type of bespoke work?

Railway modellers do it using DCC (Digital Command Control).

Not just engine sounds but doors, horns etc.

Not cheap & I suspect you'd need to produce your own sound files, but not restricted to larger scales - the linked video is n guage - think 1:144.

I'd suggest creating a flowchart of the activities you want your system to take, see what is a sequence, and where you want to place a control.

I have no idea but best of luck with your project. Sounds like a whole other hobby to me!

Be warned ⚠️ everyone about clicking that video link though. It links to other related stuff on YouTube. I just spent 30 minutes or so probably more watching Class 37 locomotives at York,  Sheffield, etc. This stuff is the crack cocaine of videos-- I managed to get out just in time....😵‍💫😇

• Haha 2