A KILLER BEAUTY, Kingtiger Porsche Turret Sdkfz.182 MENG 1/35 *FINISHED*

On 07/01/2024 at 10:37, Jasper dog said:

Great modelling, Francis,  as if we'd get anything less, wonderful job creating an interesting single colour paint job. 

The zimm has worked out remarkably well, are you going to prove to us how the photo etch zimm can work too?

Really super modelling and photography 

Best wishes 

Darryl 

Hi Darryl,

Many thanks for your like and kind comments, much appreciated.

To tell the truth, I find it easier to work with a single color than a camo...I don't know why...lol.
Well, I don't know if I will, but I remember having a couple of Zimm PE sets in my stash (I think Stug IV and Panther???), from a long time ago and they look really good...

Cheers

Francis.👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2024 at 14:11, LeeM said:

Great job on both tiggies. The usual paint jobs are excellent.

Hi LeeM,

Many thanks for your kind comments, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 07/01/2024 at 20:56, The_Lancaster said:

Nice one Francis! I love the colour modulation that you’ve been able to achieve on the dunkelgelb! 

Hi The_Lancaster,

Many thanks for your kind comments, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

I think that when there is only one color, it is very necessary to modulate it, otherwise the pattern will be very flat and boring.

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1

On 07/01/2024 at 22:08, GStreet said:

Great looking KT.  Nice job on the Zim and modulation.

Hi GStreet,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 11/01/2024 at 16:23, Maddoxx77 said:

Very well done @FrancisGL you made the dunkelgelb shine with that brownred undercoat. 

The details are top notch and the weathering is prominent but not over the top. 

Great work again! Can't wait what's next on your workbench. 

Hi Maddoxx,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it, much appreacited mate.

Lately I think about not going overboard with the effects, in an attempt to make the damage and wear as close to reality as possible, it is not easy, because personal taste is also there, looking for a balance between a flat and very real tank and /or the same with details in many places to see and with its own personality...
Having a well-fed stash is a problem when choosing the next kit to undertake, hesitating, because once started, if it is not what we thought it would turn out, we have to finish it, or it will be a blank shot. .
I was thinking about a Soviet vehicle, although I don't know if I will publish more, this last one is having very little feedback, I know it is not perfect, but it takes a long time to take decent photos, upload them to the host, publish the topic and have little feedback, for example Of course, it is something very personal and random, but it is a bit sad and confusing, because it makes you wonder what is wrong with the model.

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1

On 11/01/2024 at 20:06, Tom W. said:

Another great Tiger in your performance. It's starting to become a herd already. I really like the highlights and shading of the base colour, although it's not my favourite 🤪. Emphasis on the zimmeritt line also very balanced and not overdone. And a very convincing photo in the forest :goodjob:

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it, much appreacited mate.

When talking about favorite, do you mean the color?...in my case it would be green...of course...lol

I still have another KT in my stash, with the indoor set, but I don't think I'll touch it for a long time (and it's been stored away for years...🙄).

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 12/01/2024 at 23:18, edjbartos said:

Fabulous work Francis really excellent, superb painting, well done...:clap:

Ed

Hi Ed,

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 13/01/2024 at 12:19, Roberto said:

Great works 👍

Hi Roberto,

Many thanks for your follow and kind comment, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 26/01/2024 at 19:08, Nemanja said:

Great looking Königstiger, Francis, the weathering is just the way it supposed to be and the pictures look cool, especialy the B/W ones. Do you plan to put a figure in the turret?

Hi Nemanja,

Many thanks for your like and kind comments, i'm glad you like it, much appreacited mate.

Unfortunately the little talent I have, I think was spent on the models, I am a terrible figure painter....

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1

Great job on the build and finish!

Did you have a good experience working with the Tamiya Zimmerit stickers?

The zimmerit on your model looks great to me.

Nico.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Safetypin said:

Great job on the build and finish!

Did you have a good experience working with the Tamiya Zimmerit stickers?

The zimmerit on your model looks great to me.

Nico.

Hi Safetypin,

Well yes, Tamiya stickers are highly recommended, after all they are Tamiya, a brand that does not usually disappoint.
Even more so, taking into account in my case that the kit was from the MENG brand, and it was not exact for him, but for a Tamiya kit, even so, I was able to apply them without major adjustment problems (because it was another brand and my first time with something like this).
The result is quite good, and you save a lot of work with putties for example.
In any case, the relief, IMHO, is a little flat, I would have liked it to be more pronounced, that way the weathering would be more attractive.
There is a brand of stickers that seems really good, A-TAK I think, although I don't know if it would be easy to get.
Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Safetypin,

Well yes, Tamiya stickers are highly recommended, after all they are Tamiya, a brand that does not usually disappoint.
Even more so, taking into account in my case that the kit was from the MENG brand, and it was not exact for him, but for a Tamiya kit, even so, I was able to apply them without major adjustment problems (because it was another brand and my first time with something like this).
The result is quite good, and you save a lot of work with putties for example.
In any case, the relief, IMHO, is a little flat, I would have liked it to be more pronounced, that way the weathering would be more attractive.
There is a brand of stickers that seems really good, A-TAK I think, although I don't know if it would be easy to get.
Cheers

Francis.👍

Hello Francis,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I'm also reluctant to use putty and stickers seems a good alternative.

I will look into the "A-TAK" brand, did not hear of that product before, thank you.

Cheers, Nico.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2024 at 12:28, Bullbasket said:

I've only just realised that I hadn't looked at this one. Glad that I did. Another masterpiece Francis. Great build and excellent painting and weathering. Nice work.

John.

Hi John,

Many thanks for your like  and kind words, i'm glad you like it, much appreciated mate, knowing also that German armor is not your favorite.😁.

As they say, "better late than never"...no problem, lol.
Well, if it has happened to you that you are always willing to have a few kind words with everything published, it is easy to understand how little feedback the model is receiving...😕.

Cheers

Francis👍

On 31/01/2024 at 13:02, Ken-l said:

very nice modelling. One point. Quite possibly my ignorance, but were barrels ever finished in red oxide primer? I understood that if a replacement/ uncamouflaged barrel is featured it should be painted in a heat resistant dark gloss grey primer? 

Hi Ken-I,

Many thanks for your kind comment, i'm glad you like it. 

Although I didn't really know it, you're right, I was tempted to paint it gray, but in the end I opted for the rust primer, the aesthetic aspect prevailing over the reliability, now I would have done it in gray, anyway, it's easy to fix and one day I will give these a pass in dark gray.

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 16/02/2024 at 15:07, Carius said:

Great looking Tiger II my friend. Excellent build and finish.

Cheers :cheers:

Cesar

Hi Cesar,

Many thanks for your like and kins comments, much apprecaited, i´m glad you like it.

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 28/03/2024 at 12:28, Donald said:

Well modelled King Tiger: the Zimmerit looks like it was made for this model. I like the autumn leaves lying on the hull.

Hi Donald,

Many thanks for your like and kind comments, i'm glad you like it.

Although I had to make some cuts and/or touch-ups, they were not as many as I imagined at first, fortunately.
Although it might be better to use the MENG ITEM if it is available at the time of making this kit, something that did not happen in my case.

Cheers

Francis.👍

• Like 1

On 11/04/2024 at 00:27, bissyboat said:

Such a great build, Francis. Your Porche King Tiger ticks off all the right boxes. Master Class weathering! 🙌

Hi bisyboat,

Many thanks for your like and most kind comments, much appreciated, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers mate

Francis.👍

• Like 1