Cry HAVOC and let slip the dogs of war **FINISHED**

7 hours ago, 81-er said:

It's certainly gone on smoothly, Mike

James

Thanks, MRP paints give great results

5 hours ago, modelling minion said:

She looks great Mike, the different blacks give a nice varied effect.

Photos of Boston's often show a distressed top surface, so perhaps a bit more to do yet.  I did try spraying metalllics before the black and rubbing then but it just looked a mess!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

and now part way through applying decals:

20240319_170456

I'm waiting for the Squadron codes to arrive but may yet try printing the serial number decals myself.

The model has now had a different approach to weathering; random patches of dark earth, dark green and dark blue which were then oversprayed lightly with blacks.  The surface looks less uniform and this is more noticeable in real life than in the photo especially where gloss has been used where the decals are positioned.

Pictures of 23 Squadron Boston III are thin on the ground online and the only place I can match a particular squadron code to a serial number is in a database of aircraft which crashed / were shot down.  So this will be YP-F for "Freddy" W8258 which made a crash landing at RAF Tangmere after being damaged on a raid over Evreux on Good Friday April 3rd 1942 - sadly the Bombardier Baron Rene Lunden died of injuries sustained in the crash but the aircraft was back in service in a few weeks.

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

I was planning on a few finishing touches to meet today's deadline but then noticed the GB had been extended.

Just aerials, machine gun and cockpit hatch to put in place and a bit of research on the rear fuselage light shape before masking and painting its surround:

20240428_102408

20240428_101930

So I'll concentrate on Baby Boomers this week and then come back to the Havoc.

Mike

• Like 12

She's looking very nice, Mike :) We've not been extended, we talked Enzo into giving us a longer slot to start with as we combined two GB proposals ;)

James

4 hours ago, 81-er said:

She's looking very nice, Mike :) We've not been extended, we talked Enzo into giving us a longer slot to start with as we combined two GB proposals ;)

James

I must have written down the original dates and the never noticed that it actually finished at the end of May 😕

• FortyEighter changed the title to Cry HAVOC and let slip the dogs of war **FINISHED**

A cracking model :D Well done, and thanks for joining us with the build

James

• Like 1