Hobby Boss 1:350 AUKUS Submarines

JJ2016

Hobby Boss 1:350 AUKUS Submarines

Hi Britmodellers, its been a while !!!

Here's the latest project, quick build of the two submarines I've made to show in my office post my new job in the AUKUS world.... In Australia, we'll have forward deployed USN Virginia (s) and RN Astute (s), and then we'll buy some Virginias as the SSN AUKUS is designed and built...... In all of the time I've served and been involved in Defence here in Australia, I've never seen something of this scale.... and I believe we'll pull this one off.... and them some.......

Hope you like them....

Cheers

JJ

Thanks for stopping by..... RFI is here:

Cheers

JJ

Edited by JJ2016
  • Like 12

11 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

nice indeed!!

Thanks mate, it’s just the standard Vallejo Air black with a Tamiya gloss black for the distributive array sonar windows and white Tamiya weathering powder.

Cheers

JJ

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Very nice

Cheers Bertie.... AUKUS is Australia, United Kingdom and United States - trilateral agreement between the 3 countries for Australia to acquire USN nuclear submarines and build future nuclear submarines (including workforce and infrastructure) and second pillar dealing with manufacturing, autonomous tech and other capability enhancements.

• Thanks 1

Great work.

I was at the Defence Security and Equipment exhibition in London in 2021 on the day that it was announced that Australia would be pulling out of its previous contract with France and going nuclear in the tri-lat agreement with US and UK.  So say that the French suppliers pavilion in the naval area was somewhat subdued would be an understatement!

9 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Great work

Thanks mate, I have a similar story however across the globe in Adelaide, Australia, I was visiting for a Defence and Space expo, we were also next to an empty pavilion and press crawling all over the place !!