No back story for this one

The Rat

Because I won't try to outdo Leslie Charteris!  ;D  Simon Templar now has something a little more upscale than a Volvo 1800 ES.

53245237935_d58f896b73_z.jpg

53245109254_b120c0a23f_z.jpg

53245237930_f9167b3e43_z.jpg

53245237945_5ea0c6230f_z.jpg

The Matchbox DH-125, and I would not recommend it. Molded in white, black, and red, and covering up the red is not easy. It's made even more difficult by virtue of the red plastic seeming more like vinyl than polystyrene, but I may be wrong. I also question the shape around the flight deck; all the ones I've seen 'in the flesh' have a distinct bubble that is missing in this one. Maybe a later variant did away with it? The landing gear got broken off in storage while waiting for me to buckle down and finish it, which explains the support under the fuselage - the nose gear broke off after the first 2 photos, and the model now sits upside down on the shelf. I'll probably snap it off again and attach it with a blob of putty. Home-made decals again, good enough for my purposes. 

• Like 13

14 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I like that, really cool, though I still think I can see a bit of a red tinge on the wings. ;) :D

Steve.

I think they coloured it with radioative waste, it glows! 

• Haha 6